06

Dylan was not sure how he felt when he saw her condition. Mad? Annoyed? Afraid? Worried? He's not sure, but one thing for sure was that he did not feel good. Before he realized it, he already came rushing to the hospital as soon as the call ended.

"I'm sorry! I only have your number in my contact list; that's why the hospital called you," Shen Yue tried to smile despite the pain.

"What happened? You were perfectly fine when you left the office. It's only been a few hours; why did you get into ER like this?" Dylan asked with a frown. Not to mention, he just cursed that he would not help her even if she got knocked out, and now here they were in the hospital.

"That's because..." Shen Yue was nervous. She laid down on the bed and tried to hide under the blanket.

"Because of what?"

"Alright, alright! As you've known, I worked overtime today," Shen Yue said from behind the blanket.

"Em. What about it?" Of course, he knew because he intentionally gave her a lot of work.

"When I left, it was already very late. As I walked to the train station to go home, I was robbed..." Shen Yue hid deeper into the blanket until half of her face was hidden.

"Robbed?" Dylan was shocked.

"A robber tried to take my bag, but I didn't let go. We kept struggling, but he's stronger than me. I tripped, and he dragged me across the sidewalk until I was knocked out."

"Dragged across the sidewalk? Knocked out?" Dylan took a deep breath, "Are you stupid? Why would you struggle with a robber? Aren't you scared? What if he had a weapon??"

"I was scared, but all the money I have was in that bag. Without it, I won't have money for rent and food. I may even be kicked out of my house." There were a few weeks more before she got her new month salary, so she really couldn't do anything. She couldn't use her credit card carelessly because she didn't want her parents to track where she was yet. But now it looked like she didn't have other choices.

"If you don't have money, you can ask me! I can lend it to you! If you don't have a place to stay, you can stay with me! Why would you risk your life for that little money?" Dylan lost his temper and didn't realize what he just said. When he calmed down and recalled what he said, he could no longer take them back. That pair of big teary eyes were already looking at him.

"Don't! Don't you dare say it-" Dylan knew it's already too late.

"Dylan! You are so nice! You even let me lend your money and stay with you! Thank you" Shen Yue was touched. Despite her pain, she sat up and gave him a tight hug.

Dylan froze. He felt as though time stopped at that moment. The room fell silent, and all he could hear was the sound of his own heartbeats. His arms hung up in the air; he didn't know what to do at that moment. Heck, he didn't know what got to him. He wanted to say something, but when he looked into that pair of eyes, he found his words stuck in his throat. Suddenly, Shen Yue began to speak again, and Dylan was brought back to earth.

"But don't worry! I'll try to find other solution first. I won't bother you yet," Shen Yue nodded with determination and let go of him.

'Wait, yet? She didn't just seriously consider living with him, did she?' Dylan snapped. The strange thing was that he didn't hate that idea.

"Did you get any serious injuries?" Dylan asked, changing the topic. He strangely felt stuffy here.

"Luckily, besides my sprained left arm and a right finger, most of them are only bruises. The doctor told me not to do any work, so I'm really sorry, Dylan. I can't do my work in the next few days," Shen Yue felt guilty.