17

"Explain all of these!" Dylan angrily slammed his hand on the table. He was sitting on his chair in his real office. The other person in the room jumped due to his sudden outburst.

"I told you to keep tabs on that director! How did Yueyue get involved in these instead?" Dylan angrily asked.

"S-sir, I've have been following him as per your order, but there was really nothing against him. All of the activities were related to the girl. I think-" the Spy paused out of fear.

"You think what?" Dylan asked.

"I think maybe she is really the traitor," the Spy said in a low voice.

Hearing that, the expression on Dylan's face changed from angry to expressionless. He leaned on the chair and looked straight into the spy's eyes with his cold ones.

"You mean to tell me that she's the traitor, so I should get rid of her?" Dylan asked in a low voice. The spy could not reply, so he just kept his head down, trying to avoid Dylan's eyes.

"You're right," Dylan then smiled coldly and tabbed his fingers on the table, "I should really get rid of that person." The spy snapped his head to look at Dylan and gulp because of the tension in the room.

"Yes, sir," the spy said. Dylan then stood up and walked slowly towards the spy. When he was right in front of him, Dylan stopped and looked at him in the eyes.

"And that person is you," Dylan smirked, while the spy gasped. Dylan gently dusted the spy's collar before he firmly yanked it.

"I can't believe a person with this brain of yours would even become a spy," Dylan coldly said, "Don't ever appear in front of me again. Get lost!" He then abruptly released his grip on the collar. The spy who was shuddering out of fear quickly bowed at him and rushed out of the room.

Dylan let out a sigh and sat back down on his chair. If he's being honest, the truth that Yueyue indeed hid things from him hit him hard. There were times when his brain screamed at him that something was wrong, but his heart was still holding onto the trust he had in her. He told himself that if there was really something, she would definitely tell him.

However, he felt like he was slapped right in the face when he saw the footages and the photos of her earlier with everyone else. He could feel his heart broke the moment he realized when and where those moments took place. At that moment, he felt himself being blinded by his own anger and disappointment. He tightened his grips when he thought back to how he coldly walked away from her. Was she crying after he left? His heart ached the more he thought about that.

Dylan sighed again and closed his eyes. He knew he had no time to ponder over his broken heart. He needed to do something about what happened immediately, so he opened his eyes again but with a glimpse of determination this time. His brain may fight him for this, but his heart told him that there was no way she would be the culprit. There must be something behind that, and he must act fast to protect her.

"Screw it," Dylan cursed. His brain would call him a fool, but screw it, he would rather follow his heart again this time.

His phone then lighted up. His assistant had texted him to remind about his flight to Hong Kong. Dylan ran his hand through his hair. He really didn't have much time. Suddenly, he remembered something, so he picked up his phone and dialed a number.

"Hello, pa. I need your brothers to help me with one thing," Dylan said as he walked out to catch his flight.

------------------------------------------------------------

Yueyue walked like a zombie into her workplace the next day. Her eyes were swollen from all the crying she did, and the usual glint of optimism in her eyes was no longer there. She could hear whispers from her co-workers when they saw her. Their eyes were looking at her as if she was a criminal, a traitor.