25

"Yue! You're back!"

"Yue! Are you okay?"

"Are you feeling better now? Why don't you take another day off to rest?"

As soon as she arrived, Shen Yue smiled contently at the overwhelming amount of questions from her colleagues and teammates.

"I'm as good as new now, guys. I can even challenge one of you to a duel," Shen Yue joked which made everyone laughed, "Thank you for your concern!"

"You know what, Yue. Someone was exceptionally worried about you yesterday," one of her colleagues said.

"Yeah, he immediately marched to your place as soon as he finished assigning tasks here," another one teasingly added.

Dylan—who had just arrived earlier and was silently observing their interaction—grinned widely. Shen Yue glanced at him and playfully scoffed at his prideful reaction.

"Oh, really. I wonder who," Shen Yue laughed, and everyone followed her.

"Anyway, let's wrap up our project today and get ready for the presentation tomorrow!" Shen Yue cheerfully announced.

"Yes! Let's do it!" everyone cheered before going back to work on their respective tasks.

Shen Yue was about to walk to her office, but someone suddenly grabbed her arm.

"What is it?" she asked with her eyebrow raised when Dylan handed her a paper cup and a food thermos.

"Chicken congee and lemon tea... I'm pretty sure you haven't had breakfast yet, so I prepared these for you," Dylan smiled.

"Ohhhh.... What about us, Dylan?" one of Yue's colleagues suddenly cooed when they heard their conversation.

Another one then smacked that colleague's head, "Don't you see, idiot? The food is for the special one only. Right, Dylan?"

Hearing her colleague' teasing, Shen Yue blushed, while Dylan laughed and gave that colleague a thumb up.

"Be careful. The congee and the tea are still quite hot," Dylan fondly reminded Yue who was still blushing. She still felt a bit weird with the unconstrained reaction she now had toward his action. It was as if the distance she had been trying to put between herself and him had started to crumble down. She thanked him in a small voice and immediately went to her office.

As soon as she turned her back to Dylan and her colleagues, a big smile started to appear on her face. What she didn't see was that Dylan's smile was also mirroring hers.

----------------------------

Shen Yue left the conference room with an expressionless face. She had just finished the presentation and the debate on the project. She slowly walked back to her department without saying anything.

"Yue! You're back!"

"How was it, Yue?"

"What's the result?"

Everyone excitedly asked her as soon as she appeared. However, their cheerfulness suddenly died down when they saw her expression. Shen Yue looked at her colleagues one by one until her eyes fell on a person.

"Tao Jia! You're back!" Shen Yue exclaimed and went to give Tao Jie a tight hug.

"Of course, I'm back! How's everything, girl?" Tao Jie returned Yue's hug and patted her back. Shen Yue said nothing and broke into soft sobs. Tao Jie kept patting her back to comfort her, while everyone else watched silently.