12

'3, 2, 1,' Dylan counted down in his head. As if it's on cue, Yueyue snapped her head to look at him, with her mouth hanging open.

"What?" Yueyue exclaimed.

"I thought we already settled this," Dylan smiled.

"Settled what?" Yueyue frowned, which made Dylan paused. She really looked genuinely confused.

He blinked, "are you feigning ignorance, or are you really confused?"

"I'm really confused! What are you talking about?" Yueyue pouted.

"You really didn't hear what I said last Sunday?" Dylan asked her in disbelief.

"Hear what?" Yueyue paused, "oh, I remembered you said something! But the fire alarm was too loud; I couldn't hear anything." She scratched the back of her head out of guilt.

"What??" Dylan almost shouted.

'Are you kidding me, woman?' he screamed in his mind. He quickly turned his head away from her to take a deep breath, 'Calm down, Dylan. Calm down.' When he felt his irritation subsided, he turned back to her.

"Alright, assuming that you didn't hear it, then why do you think I went to visit you every day when you were on leave?"

"Because...you're nice and caring?" Yueyue answered innocently.

"N...Nice...?" Dylan took another deep breath, 'Not that again. Calm down, Dylan.'

"Then have you seen me being like that to other girls?" Dylan asked through gritted teeth, trying to hold in his annoyance.

Yueyue looked up with her index finger on her lips, thinking about the answer.

"I guess...no?" Yueyue hesitantly answered, "Because no one else besides me has been sick yet." She could feel the rising tension in the air, so she took a step back away from Dylan.

'Oh, this idiot!' Dylan felt like smacking himself and shaking some sense into her at the same time.

He took a deep breath before asking again, "Then what about the goddamn kiss? Why do you think I even kissed you?"

"You said it was for a test?" Yueyue said in a small voice. She felt like something was about to explode, so she took another step backward. She jumped a little when Dylan smacked his own forehead hard and face-palmed himself.

"So...what did you say that day?" Yueyue awkwardly asked. Dylan finally put his hand down and stared intensely at her. She gulped, for she could feel a dark aura coming out of him.

"You know what, come here," Dylan said slowly and wiggled his index finger, calling her to come closer to him. Yueyue held her breath and shook her head fast. There's no way she's going closer to him; his dark aura was too scary.

"I. Said. Come. Here," Dylan told her again with emphasis on every word.

"No way!" Yueyue kept shaking her head and took another step backward.

'Damn it,' Dylan let out a frustrated sigh before he set his eyes on her and took wide steps toward her. Yueyue wanted to run away, but it was too late. He quickly wrapped one arm around her waist and another went up to cup her head before he pulled her body against him and crashed his lips onto hers.

This kiss was completely different from the previous one. There was no gentleness and no holding back like before. He sucked hard on her lower lip as if he's letting all of his pent-up emotions out. Her hands clung onto his shirt out of shock. She felt his teeth grazing over her lip and tugging it playfully before his tongue intruded into her mouth. She was overwhelmed with this new sensation, as she felt her own temperature rising. Her knees got weak; if it wasn't for his arms on her waist, she would have fallen on the ground. He, on the other hand, was lost and addicted to the drugs that were her, her lips, and her scent. However, it all was interrupted when the hands on his chest pushed him away and broke their kiss, but his arms still strongly wrapped around her, not letting her go anywhere.