26

Shen Yue soullessly looked up when she heard footsteps rushing toward the ER. Guan, Xize, Jingkang, and the girls were heading in her direction. They rushed to the hospital immediately after receiving an incoherent call from Yue. As soon as they saw her sitting on the chair alone, Yi Han ran to give her a tight hug. Jiaqi sat next to Yue and held her hand, while Xiao Zi patted her back to comfort her. The boys looked at the ER door before they turned to Yue with concern on their faces.

"Did you get hurt, Yue?" Yi Han worriedly asked.

Shen Yue shook her head, "Dylan- Dylan's hurt. What if something bad happened to him, Yi Han?" Her breath became shaky the more she thought about Dylan, "He's hurt because of me! I should have kept my eyes on the road! It's all my fault!"

Yi Han hugged Yue tighter as the younger began to sob in her embrace, "It's not all your fault. No one wants this to happen. Dylan will be fine. Dylan we all know is stronger than we thought. He'll be fine, okay?" The others watched them silently as Yue cried her heart out in Yi Han's arms. They knew that Yi Han would be able to calm Yue down.

After what seemed like an eternity, Shen Yue finally calmed down.

"I'm sorry, guys," she looked down on her hands out of guilt.

"Don't be, Yue. Like Yi Han said, no one wants this to happen," Guan's comforting voice made Yue look up.

"Yeah, Yue. Dylan will be okay," Xize assured.

"Be strong for yourself and Dylan, okay? He won't be happy if he knows you are crying," Jiaqi added. Yi Han, Xiao Zi, and Jingkang nodded in agreement.

Seeing their genuineness, Shen Yue gratefully smiled and nodded. She was grateful that she met them, and she was even more grateful that Dylan had such good friends like them.

At that moment, another wave of rushing footsteps could be heard again. Shen Yue and the rest turned their heads toward the sound. She could see a well-dressed middle-aged woman came running with an extremely worried expression on her face. Behind her were two men in suit who seemed to be body guards. The woman stopped right in front of her and looked at them.

"Aunty," everyone except Shen Yue greeted her.

"How's Ah Di?" the woman anxiously asked. That was when Yue realized that she was no other than Wang Lin, Dylan's mother.

"He's still inside, aunty," Yi Han stood up to hold her hand. Wang Lin took a deep breath to calm herself, but everyone could clearly see how glossy her eyes had become; it was as if her tears could fall down any minute.

Shen Yue felt a pain in her chest when she saw how worried Dylan's mother was; her guilt had now returned to consume her. She slowly stood up from her chair to make space for Wang Lin. However, her action caught Wang Lin's attention. When Yue finally looked at Wang Lin, she saw that the woman had already stared back at her. Yue's heart clenched when she saw the motherly concern with a hint of confusion in her eyes.

"Ms. Wang, I-" Shen Yue was about to apologize to Wang Lin when the doctor emerged from the ER. All of them immediately turned their attention to the doctor.

"Who's the patient's family?" the doctor asked.

"I'm his mother!" Wang Lin quickly answered, "How is my son, doctor?"

"Luckily, he only had a minor head trauma and external wounds, but he may need to stay in the hospital for a few days for observation. He will be transferred to the normal ward soon. You can visit him then," the doctor explained. Everyone heaved a sigh of relief after hearing that.

"Thank you so much, doctor," Wang Lin thanked him. She could finally release the breath she had no idea she was holding. She looked at Jing and the rest before she finally smiled, relieved.