Chapter 3: The Lion's Sin

The whole kingdom of Camelot have been buzzing about the new bar due to the unlikely event of the two most prominent figures in the kingdom visiting the bar. Everyone was talking about the bar " My Sweet Gluttony"  as Escanor walks to the market to restock his bar as the unexpected guests have left all his supplies to run out.

" How much for the bread sir?"

"Ohh aren't you the new bar owner? Take as much of it as you want! The king and Merlin's friend is my friend!"

"B-but, aren't you losing profit sir?"

Suddenly, a group of soldiers came and trash the market. Everyone ran in fear as the soldiers were using fire magic to burn all the stores while laughing hysterically. 

"W-why is the kingdom's soldier attacking it's own people? Escanor quickly helped a child as the fire grew larger and almost consuming the whole marketplace. As the soldier were approaching, the people were cornered to the end of the market, Escanor was in dilemma, how can he help all these people ?

"N-no, not now...infront of these people, I cannot show them my weird power..."

And then he felt a rush of power within him. He began to grow larger and larger, exposing the bulk of his muscles as the sun rises. Standing nearly eight foot tall, he easily scared the life out of the soldiers, making them run tail between their legs away from him like he was the invader not them.

"A-are you guys alright?" Escanor asks.

The people were simply stunned by his transformation. Some were worshipping him as a hero, some were hesitant about Escanor's power while some just ran away in fear.

Suddenly, a group of knights came to aid the citizens with King Arthur. He began to order his knights to help aid the sudden terror attack on the market. 

"Thanks for the help Escanor, glad you were here with us. You have saved their lives, and I thank you for that." Arthur went and shake Escanor large hands.

"Your majesty, your words are too kind for someone like me. I am just doing what is right as a fellow citizen of Camelot. I didn't expect  my powers to be triggered this way, I hope you are not suprised at all..."

Arthur just gave him a friendly nod as he proceed to aid his people.

Escanor was confused at his gesture, was the king offended by his remarks? He simply cannot understand what Arthur's really thinking.

"Escanor, welcome back..." a soothing yet familiar voice called.

As he turned around, the one he has been eagerly waiting to see all along was standing there, Merlin. Her eyes seems to always captivate his heart, yet her gaze seem to see something further within him. Her calm demeanor always seem to know what he was thinking, or it seems to Escanor.

"M-merlin, it's good to see you again. I hope you are unhurt, those soldiers are definitely vile and attacking a civilian market is definitely evil!"

Merlin just stared at Escanor. Their eyes met causing the hulking man to blush. After what seems like an eternity, she finally told him something.

"You...are strange. Usually you are not like this, I assume you are not well?"

"Am I?"

"Yes"

"In what way?"

"...usually you would boast about yourself more."

Escanor eyes went wide, he didn't expect Merlin to say that. He felt angry all of the sudden, like something she said had stung him or maybe even the truth. The awkward silence between them were deafening. However, her eyes were still on him. As if she were peering into his soul. 

"How would you know about me? You don't know me. we just met yesterday at my bar. And why you and Arthur are not shock at my appearance?! Most people would run or hide when they saw me. I hate that condescending attitude of yours and please don't speak to me like you know me. Thank you and have a nice day, your excellency."

Escanor quickly walked away, cursing at himself for bursting out at Merlin . Suddenly he can't move. Merlin was again right in front of him , walking towards him as in time were passing in slow motion. When she finally stood in front of him, barely reaching his chest, Merlin pulled Escanor till he reached her height while whispering something familiar.

"Escanor...that's your sin..." while smiling towards him.

"My sin...?"

End of Chapter 3.