Chapter 8: Square?

I was about to have a moment with Merlin when we were interrupted by none other than the King himself. It was mortifying and frustrating...as if all the important moments for us was interrupted by him...

"Excuse me for a while..."

I saw her walked towards him, with my necklace in hand... I also saw how Arthur was staring at me...was he glaring at me? Or am I thinking too much? I saw them walked together towards the direction of the castle...maybe it was an important problem for the King. I reluctantly walked back towards the bar, my whole mind was on the both of them.

What were they doing now? What is Merlin doing now? Is Arthur going to confess like last time?

All these questions were making me lose my mind, the suspense of not knowing what the both of them are up to is killing me. The thought of Merlin going back to Arthur made my heart wrench in pain. I waited downstairs until midnight, it was late and Merlin is not back yet.  Should I go to the castle to check on them? Is that alright? I do not know but I am having anxiety attack just sitting here waiting. Just when I was going out, I heard the door bell rang.

It was the kingdom knights. They were standing in front of the doors, blocking it.

"Can I help you kind sirs? I am sorry but the bar is not open today. I have some important matters to attend to if you do not mind, please excuse me."

The soldiers were like statues not moving at all, and their commander walked  in.

"Are you Escanor? I am afraid you have to come with us, you are under arrest for causing public disorder in Camelot. Please do not resist and come with us." the middle aged man spoke with a sarcastic tone.

As I started to walk towards the commander, all the knights were drawing their weapons at me, even the commander.

"I am afraid you can't go out freely on your own." the commander spoke.

"You think this amount of knights is enough to stop me? I am giving you a chance to move, before you cannot move for the rest of your lives." 

"You think you can take all of us here without your sacred treasure weapon? I don't think so, you will be the one to bite the dust."

Escanor calmly gave the commander a punch to the face as he went flying out the door and his body was smashed into a wall. He was completely incapacitated, the other knights under him looked terrified and they scrambled away in fear.

"Dear me, my bar's door is completely destroyed. I should have held back more, but his face was pissing me off, so who cares. I need to see Merlin now!" Escanor quickly ran towards the castle.

At the castle

"So Arthur, what do you need advise on?"

The orange hair king was sitting on his throne while looking at his former advisor. His gaze was onto her but Merlin was not looking at him. This caused a slight frustration on his part, but he simply chuckled.

"Well, I have a diplomatic problem now for Camelot. I need your insight on the matter."

"So what is it?"

"...the Kingdom of Glade which we had aided earlier has proposed an agreement with me. The king wanted me to marry his youngest daughter, the second princess Arya as a sign of friendship between the two kingdoms. What do you think of this? Should Camelot accept this?

"In return what do Glade have to offer besides marriage? Surely there are other advantages since they want to be allies with Camelot."

"All information from them would be shared, and us too with them. Their army are not as mighty as us, but they are some well known knights who are loyal to Glade, they would be useful allies in terms of combating. However, in terms of resources, they are not a very resourceful kingdom. To be blunt, they are around 20 years behind us." the king calmy replied.