Chapter 9: Reunion

What a day... First I messed up my own bar, knocked out a bunch of Camelot's "elite" knights, and worst of all getting a slap from my own girlfriend. Is she really my girl? I feel she is always on Arthur's side, and worst of all I am going with him as a "personal bodyguard" for his diplomatic meeting with the Kingdom of Glade. I could care less about Camelot's political affair, I just want to see Merlin and explain myself that what I did was not my intention to disrespect the king...? Who cares, I just want to see her.

Day of the expedition:

"Okay! Guys we need to be vigilant on our way to the Kingdom of Glade, most of our knights are staying back to protect our kingdom. Only a few select elite knights and Escanor is coming with me. Merlin has placed a teleportation magic in case of an emergency so we could return instantly." Arthur explained to the bunch of us.

Most of the knights replied obediently. Screw that, I reluctantly join because of the awkward situation that led to this murky yet boring mission as a bodyguard. My eyes were scanning around for Merlin, I look around, front to back to center and yet she was not around.

"Hey Arthur, did you see Merlin today?"

"Oh... she would meet us tomorrow when we are halfway to our destination."

"What the  how could she not tell me anything?? Is she still mad at me for what I did yesterday? Does she even care of what I am feeling now? Damn..." I looked at Arthur.

Both of our eyes met, it was an awkward stare down between the two of us. I could feel sparks flying around as I could see his veins in his eyes. 

And so the two men did not back down from one another and continued staring at each other for the rest of the journey causing the rest of their companions to be in an awkward hell of a situation.

Next day:

"So we finally arrived at this village, this marks the halfway point of our journey. Rest up guys!" Eve the Knights general commanded. For some reason, the general keeps eyeing the tall blond man who look energetic for a reason. It was the day he could finally meet his girlfriend , who he was too eager to meet.

"Finally I could see Merlin, maybe we could talk..."

Merlin POV:

My mind seem to be troubled by what had happened at the palace. I always have flashback on what happened, how can I slapped him like that? What am I thinking? I stopped thinking when I saw him holding the general Eve. Why am I thinking? How am I supposed to see him now... what am I feeling now?

"I am almost at the village now, I should apologise as soon as I see him."

Escanor POV:

"Why am I stuck here with them? Damn that Arthur for inviting me here... I need to search for Merlin!"

Hey...big guy, what's the hold up...I heard you are a bartender, why not make us a drink?" one of the knights asks.

Are you serious? I don't have the time for that, I tried to reason my way out of the tavern when the general walked in. She looked at me why asking what the commotion was about. One of the knights explained to her the situation and for the worst, she agreed with them. 

"Why not make us a drink? I heard even the King  Arthur and Merlin complimented your drinks. Can't we all experience some of your fine skills?" Eve asks.

Present

The blond bartender reluctantly make drinks for the troops, his bartending skills have attracted a huge crowd, mostly women who were standing at the sidelines watching him. As he served the drinks to the troops and some of the villagers, they were amazed at the flavor of the alcoholic drink. It tastes heavenly, even Eve was amazed at the taste.