Chapter 11 : Him or me

Escanor POV:

As soon as I came to , I was in prison. My hands were chained together and I was placed in solitary. The prison cell was poorly maintained. The surroundings were dirty with rats running about and the beds were uncleaned. I slowly gathered myself to observed my surroundings, finding out as much as I could on what had happened to Merlin, Arthur and myself. My mind was racing with dark thoughts on what had happened to Merlin, was she hurt? or was she captured like me? or worst.... was she killed?

I peered outside the small gap of my prison cell and saw a small desk with a small candle lighting up the dark alleyway. A guard was sitting on the chair , possibly just lazing around. My only options now is to wait for sunrise so that my powers are at its fullest capacity or try to break free from this prison cell.

" I can't wait until morning, I don't know what could happened to Merlin or Arthur. I have to save them!"

"GUARD!!!.... I CAN'T BREATHE!! PLEASE HURRY!!" 

"What is the problem! " the guard rushed to the cell.

As soon as he opened the gate, I noticed he brought the candle, I quickly pretended I was gasping for air, and the guard came closer to inspect me and I quickly slam the candles to his face and took the keys. The guard fell to the ground in pain as the hot wax splashes his face. I quickly uncuff myself and locked the guard in.

As I ran, the prison was huge. There were endless cells and some inmates were making a fuss as they saw me.

"Who is this skinny idiot doing out here?! Where is your momma cutie?!"

They were slandering insults at me as I noticed someone familiar inside the cell. It was Arthur. His eyes lit up when he saw me, he quickly put out his hands as if saying to uncuff him.

"Quickly Escanor! We need to save Merlin! She might be in danger!!"

I quickly uncuff him and escaped from the prison. It was dawn and the sun was slowly rising. The both of us were running towards the castle as quickly as we could.

"What happened Arthur? Who did that to the King of Glade?"

"I do not know, when I realised, I was already in prison. I heard rumors of betrayal from the Generals of Glade who opposes our alliance. This attack could costs us our hard earned alliance between our kingdoms. We know I would not allowed that!"

"We sure do! But what of Merlin? I am worried"

"I am twice as worried about her as you do. But we need to go to the castle and hopefully she is safe there!"

"...Merlin please be safe!"

As soon as we reached the castle, Arthur and I quickly went to the King's room. When we had reached, we heard Merlin's voice.

"As part of the deal, you wouldn't go back on your own word right your majesty?"

"Ho-ho-ho, if I had know King Arthur had such a scheming advisor by his side I would not even dare to go back on my own words. A promise is a promise, Glade would not touch Camelot anymore and the alliance is done!"

" I thank your majesty for your wisdom and grace...."

"As part of the deal, you would allow him to be our side right?"

"...of course it's part of the deal..."

"Then could you expla-"

Arthur barged into the room before I could eavesdropped more into the conversation. The damn idiot!

"Merlin!! You are safe! What are you talking about to...King Drake you are alive??"

"Arthur what are you doing here?? How did you get here?" Merlin asked.

"Oh...it's Escanor, the dude is a saint for helping me escape! His back here... Oi! Escanor what are you doing? Come here! Merlin's safe and sound."

I took a couple of steps and I could already feel something's off about the atmosphere and situation. My gut is telling me to run out but I couldn't because she was there. I stopped to take  a slight glance at her and noticed she was not looking normal. Her usually composed self seems to be shaken and something about her eyes seems to tell me something was not right...

"Ohh so you were here, saves us all the trouble eh? " Drake scoffs sinisterly.

"W-what are you talking about?" Arthur asks oblivious to the tense situation.

Merlin stood emotionless and stared right back at me. Her golden orbs seem to be peering down into my soul and all the air in the room seem to be sucked out. I could not breath.

"... please forgive me Escanor...this is for Camelot and Arthur and I would not throw the dream of the both of us away... please understand..."

Merlin cast something which causes a barrier to form around me. The barrier is slowly shrinking causing me to be squeeze into it.

"M-erlin what are you doing to me?"

"Merlin what are you doing to Escanor? He is our comrade...and isn't he ?"

"Silence Arthur! This is for the good of Camelot and your future! You promise to show me the future right?"

Drake calmly sat on his chair and asks.

"What is the barrier around him?"

"It is my time magic...it will slowly make Escanor...cease to exist as well as making him disappear..."

"Hahaha! So your deal is this?! I did not expect this but well, it was my terms right? Let me tell the poor lad before he disappears right? It is common courtesy!"

Merlin simply looked away while Drake rants.

"Well lad, my deal was to accept the alliance between us when a freak of nature like you is either killed or disappears you know. So that the power balance or should I say military might is somewhat on a equal standing between our kingdoms. That was the part of my deal, I cannot let Camelot have a person with your powers to be with Camelot... it gives them too much power. I hope you understand my decision and suggest you make your own peace."

"What is this Merlin? Are you seriously doing this for me and Camelot? This is not you!" Arthur shouts at Merlin.

I stood frozen, my mind was blank, I could not think of anything. I placed my hand on the barrier before I know it my hand was slowly disappearing. I look at her, not knowing what to feel towards her. To my surprise, I was not angry or hateful towards her. Somehow...I felt nothing negatively towards her. But... just something burns in my heart...it was jealousy. It stings so bad that I could feel like my heart is being stabbed by a sword. She would do all this for him...but if our roles are reversed, would she do it for me?

"Merlin...my only wish for you and me is to be..."

The barrier closed and Escanor vanished leaving the room in dead silence.

Arthur glanced at Merlin and was shocked to see tears in her eyes, and before he could approached her, Drake interrupted again.

"So ladies and gents...the alliance is officially formed ! Hope for many good years to come from this alliance !"

Drake walked away laughing as Merlin stood behind, clenching her fists.

End of Chapter 11

~~Escanor (T.T)~~ hope you guys enjoyed it and have a good day.

Kuro