8

Ashton had come over to my place the following day. I was all better after resting so I did not mind the company. In fact, I was glad he came over. I was losing my mind since I had nothing to do.

"So what's up? You don't usually come over without informing me beforehand" I voiced as I took a seat beside him and placed the mug of hot chocolate on the table in front of us.

"It's kind of stupid really"

"Just get it over with Ash. I swear I won't judge you no matter how stupid it is" I took a sip of the hot chocolate and urged him to continue.

"I met this one girl... and she is perfect. You will not understand okay. I met her a few weeks ago but we clicked so well and we've been talking to each other every day and it's just so much fun around her. I really really like her but I have no idea how to tell her this cause it feels a bit too soon. So what do I do?"

"Do you think she feels the same about you?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"I don't know Lacey and that's the problem. But hear me out. What if I introduce you guys and you become best friends and you could ask her if she likes me!" He blurted out the most stupid plan I'd ever heard.

"I think there are other better ways Ash. Why don't you just tell her? What is the worst that could happen?"

"She could reject me and we stop talking forever and just like that I would've lost my soul mate"

"You're dramatic. Do you have any other plan?" I interrogated him and he shook his head yet again.

We sat in silence for quite some time thinking of a plan. How could we get her to like him? Was it too soon to ask her out? So many questions and we had no answers.

Ashton broke the silence with another bizarre idea.

"Okay so it's not a foolproof plan obviously and it's basically not even confessing or asking her out on a date but what if I introduce her to you guys? Like you know, you guys could meet her and then she would feel closer to me and we could hangout much more than before and just like that the perfect love story begins! Oh and she is new to the city so it would be nice for her to get to know some of ya'll!" he exclaimed. He seemed like an excited little puppy whenever he talked about her so I didn't want to tell anything that would break his heart.

"Maybe that would work. She would feel involved with us and maybe that can help ya'll get closer" I nodded my head in approval. "So when do you want us to meet her?"

"What about Saturday?" He asked and I nodded my head. "Great! I cannot wait for you to meet her. She is amazing!" And he went on and on about her for the next two hours.

***

My stomach growled in between the movie we were watching and we decided to grab something to eat. It was late in the evening and we hadn't eaten anything since afternoon. I grabbed my house key and wore something warm and we left to a fast food restaurant.

We ordered burgers and fries and waited for the food. We got to talking when I saw Aiden walking into the restaurant with another girl.

"Is that Aiden? What is he doing with her?" Ashton asked out loud, looking confused.

"Do you know her?" I asked curiously.

"His ex. Well they broke up not too long ago. I thought he stopped hanging out with her though. Weird. Anyways back to the topic at hand"

His ex.

She's someone he dated.

She's someone he still hangs out with.

Does he still like her?

"Lacey?" Ash waved his hand in front of my hand bringing me out of my thoughts. "You good?" I simple nodded my head. I noticed out food was already set in front of us. I mindlessly dug into it.

"Oh right! I need to ask Aiden if he's free on Saturday" Ashton said as he abruptly stood up from his chair and walked towards Aiden and his ex's table.

They talked for a while, Aiden looked at me, our eyes met for a moment, he went back to the conversation like he hadn't just seen me and then right after he left with the girl.

Ashton returned to our table. "What was that about?" I asked him and he shrugged his shoulders.

"He just left after I told him you were here too. Anyways he agreed to come on Saturday. You better not forget about it"

"Of course I will not forget about it"

***

It was finally the day I was meeting Ashton's amazing crush, his words not mine. Aiden had texted me that afternoon that he would be picking me up at 6 and I was ready at 5:30. I had worn something casual but presentable. I did not want his crush to think his friends were weird or anything of that sort. At least for now.

The bell echoed throughout the house and I jolted up from my place on the couch. He was early. I opened the door for him and greeted him.

"Give me a minute. I just need to put on my shoes" I rummaged through the shoe cabin, trying to find the best fit.

"Take your time. We aren't in a hurry, are we?"

I settled with a black converse which went well with my black shorts and top. I threw on my sling bag and a beanie and headed out. I sat down in the passenger seat of his car and turned on the radio.

"You look good"

"This is how I usually look Aiden but thanks"' I chuckled.

"Exactly. You always look good"

I was too stunned to reply so I just gave him a curt nod.

The car ride to the restaurant was mostly silent expect for the songs playing from the radio.