18

I loved plane rides and I loved the seat next to the window. The last time I travelled on an airplane was around 5 years ago, when my parents were still alive. We had taken a small trip to visit my grandparents who lived in New York. My parents would always let me sit next to the window even if they knew I would be using the bathroom very frequently. I had a problem as a kid.

I looked out the window and watched the clouds turn into pretty shades of pink and purple. I remembered how I would always point out towards random clouds and say they would look like certain objects or animals when they didn't even look close and my parents would simply play along with me calling me a genius.

I was woken up by light taps on my shoulder. "Hey we've arrived at the airport" his soft voice woke me up. I looked around, dazed, taking a while to realise I was in an airplane. Once that realisation settled, I stood up really fast, excited, only to hit my head on the ceiling of the plane. I dropped back down on my seat, clutching my head in pain. That hurt like a bitch.

"Are you alright?" Aiden asked as he bent down to my level. He held the sides of my face in his palms and inspected the top of my head and lightly rubbed area. I played with the hem of my T-shirt, doing my best to avoid looking at him. "Be careful next time" I nodded my head shyly and stood up to help Aiden with the suitcases.

We took 2 cabs to the beach house and the smell of sand and sea water hit me immediately. We entered the huge house and got right into deciding roommates.

It was obvious Ash and Ava were sharing a room so the rest of us started bickering about it.

"I do not want to share a room with Jay" Xavier declared earning a pout from the said boy.

"I am a great roommate. I will share a room with Lacey!" he said earning a series of 'no' from everyone. "Lacey c'mon it'll be fun, just like the old times!"

"I thought we girls could stay in one room" Zoe pouted and Emma agreed with her.

"Yeah that's a great idea. I think you girls should share a room. You can talk all night long about whatever it'll be very fun" Aiden rambled as he pushed me towards once of the rooms.

"Wait!" Jay pulled him back. "Let's decide this fairly. Lacey who would you rather pick? Me, your best friend of 10 years or Zoe and Emma, people you met like a month ago?"

"Rude Jayce. Unnecessary. Despicable. Unfair" Zoe glared at him.

"Oh shut up. It's true"

"It's hard to believe she's friends with you"

"I am her best friend and you know it too"

"Guys please shut up. I'm not choosing between you guys" I interjected. I had noticed how heated these two got every time they argued, and they argued over everything.

What donut to eat? A long essay from both parties. What to do on the weekend? A whole debate. What movie to watch? A list of pros and cons.

It was ridiculous and funny so we never bothered stopping them. We didn't take either of their suggestion into consideration most of the times anyway. Like I said, they were ridiculous.

"Fine let's play rock, paper, scissor and decide once and for all" Jay suggested, already fisting his hands. "Best of 3, Zoe. Whoever wins gets to share a room with Lacey" They both started playing the game and I stood there speechless. None of them were even asking me what I wanted.

Well I really wanted to share a room with Aiden but that was impossible and it didn't matter whether I roomed with Jay or the girls.

The loud cheers from Jay and the sigh from Zoe was enough for me to know that Jay had won the game.