17

We had all gathered at Aiden's house to discuss about the trip we had impulsively planned a few days ago. His house, like he had mentioned before, was only a few blocks away from mine. It was the first time I was visiting his house and for some reason I was nervous. 

It was not like I was going alone so I didn't know why I was on the edge every time someone said something to me.

College had been fun and I couldn't believe I was in the last month of the fall semester. Everything was happening so fast I didn't even realise how fast time went by. 

"Okay I will tell our entire plan again. Lacey please try to listen this time" Ava said and I nodded my head, a little embarrassed. "So we leave on Sunday to Ashton's family beach house. Jason will be taking care of booking the tickets. Aiden and Ashton will be making the itinerary and Lacey" she looked at me to make sure I was listening. "Zo, Emma and I will be coming over to your place on Saturday" I nodded my head with questioning her. "You guys need to finish everything before Sunday got it?" she looked pointedly at the people taking up important roles.

I sighed as I leaned back on the couch I was sitting on and resumed watching the movie playing on the big TV screen but I couldn't concentrate on it. Maddie was still on my mind since she had been constantly showing up at our table whenever we gathered there for lunch.

She was constantly flirting with Aiden and bickering with Ashton like they had known each other for a really long time. I didn't know how low one's self respect must be to continue acting like she was best friends with all of us when we all mostly ignored her.

She was like a leech we couldn't get rid of. She was always there and it bothered all of us yet we could not get rid of her. She was sucking out our energy one by one and we all gave up at one point.

"I'll get us something to eat" I said as I got up from my seat beside Aiden and navigated my way to the kitchen in the darkness. I could hear someone shout 'I'll help you' from the living room as light footsteps followed me. "Thanks Emma" I smiled at her.

I had carried the empty bowls which were filled with popcorn a moment ago. I took out some more popcorn bags from the cabinets and put them in the microwave.

"How does he have so many snacks?" Emma asked as she snickered.

"He likes junk food. He's always emptying my snack stash every time he comes over" I chuckled remembering all the times he had finished gobbling at least 5 bags of LAYS. She threw a small smile towards me.

"Can I ask you something?" she questioned and I nodded my head. "Jason is your cousin right?" I nodded my head yet again, not knowing where she's going with the conversation. "Do you know if he's... I don't know dating someone?" she shyly played with her hair, a blush creeping up on her pale skin.

"You like him?!" I exclaimed and she shyly nodded. "As far as I know, he's not involved with anyone at the moment. Why don't you take the time during our trip to get to know him better?" I suggested.

"That's a great idea Lacey! Thank you!" She exclaimed right as the popcorn was done being cooked. "I'll take that back to the living room. Why don't you get the other snacks?" I nodded my head and searched for something else to eat.

"Hey Aiden. Where do you keep snacks?" I shouted from the kitchen, loud enough for him to hear from the living room.

"They must be in the top cabinets" he shouted back and I searched the top cabinets. I managed to open them however I couldn't reach the snacks. I was going to jump to get it but before I could try anything stupid someone reached over to grab the snacks from behind me.

I abruptly turned around to see who it was only to face Aiden, our faces dangerously close. I stood there frozen as he took out the snacks, really slow, and walked away like what he had just done was nothing out of the ordinary.