Chapter 15

6th October 2009

I was eagerly waiting for the day to start. This day was going to be the most wonderful day in my life. I looked at the snap that I took without his knowledge.

He was wearing a sky blue tee-shirt, one hand on his hip. He was looking at his phone. There was a light smile on his lips. I looked at his photo for so long that I memorised every single feature. The more I looked at him the more my heart fluttered. There was a pain like my heart was being ripped out. My body shivered but I loved the feeling that I experienced because of him. I couldn’t explain what I felt. May be this is how people feel when they fall in love with someone or when they see their loved one.

When I woke up at 6.30 in the morning I was happy because I had club. More than that was going to see him. The thought of spending time with him set my pulse racing. I see him every day and speak with him all the time but that never changed how I felt about him. I still blush when I think of him. My heart hoped that he would love me. I just want to hear those words from him. How would that make me feel? May be hearing his voice saying it would make me feel that I was in heaven.

I reached school and spent most of the time looking at the gift he gave me. It was precious to me. I liked the way I felt when I looked at our names carved on it.

I ran to the club when it was time. He was there in his usual place with talking with his friends. I smiled at the picture. No matter what happened he would never change and he would never fall for me.

I could feel some kind of tension in the air. Some kind of anger and hatefulness. I didn’t know what it was about. It was Arthit. It looked like he was arguing with someone. I looked closely to see with whom he was arguing. It was his friend Prem. They were talking with each other, not arguing. Had they both become friends again?? Nope, it did not look like that.

I wanted to know what was happening but I could not go. He did not like to talk to me when he was with his friend. He will pretend that he didn’t know me. Even after becoming close to him some things about him remained strange.

The club was over. I wanted to talk with him but I know it was not the right time. I didn’t know how he would react. He looked angry. So I decided to talk later after reaching home.

Then it struck me that I had to walk to my home that day as I had given my bike for service. My father had dropped me in the morning. I could call him to pick me up but I didn’t want to do it. I didn’t want to disturb him, so I chose to walk.

I just needed some fresh air. I was muddled since yesterday. I wanted to clear my head. Why did I feel strange? Was this because of hurt or happiness? What the hell was happening? I was panting. I wanted to relax, my heart was beating rapidly. I calmed the rhythm of my breathing and started to walk.

I looked around when walking. My heart relaxed. I couldn’t say that the strange feeling was lost but I was feeling better. The place looked even more beautiful than I remembered.

I saw a small yellow flower at the side of the road. It was beautiful. The way it moved in the air made me feel like it was talking to me. The day was windy... It stirreds the smell of wet red sand. I inhaled the smell deeply. It made me calm. Even moving slowly was good. I was able to admire everything. I was able to see everything clearly. I was able to see every single detail. It was new but good.

A bike zipped by past me disturbing my thoughts. I enjoyed walking. I walked looking at the beautiful things around me. I heard footsteps, someone was running towards me. Oh! My god, it was Ming. As he neared me a strange feeling ignited within me.

“Hi Kit” he said.

“What are you doing here? I thought you went with your friend,” I asked, shocked not knowing why he came to walk with me.