Chapter 22

27th November 2009

IT WAS FRIDAY NIGHT.

He texted me at 10 in the night saying that he was going to sleep but I got a text again at 11.30 from him but it didn’t sound like him. The way of texting had changed a lot.

“I am sorry to ask this, but it is Ming who is texting?” I typed and sent. I was shocked when I saw the reply text it was definitely not him.

“Yes baby y r u asking?” was the reply text that I got. He never uses words of endearment. He always said it was fake.

“I don’t think it is Ming who is texting. He never texts like this” I replied.

“Ok baby! I accept it is not Ming. It’s his friend Bright” came the reply.

“What do you want PBright?” I texted him.

“Ming misses someone very much! Can u guess who it is?” he sent me.

Before I could text anything another text came.

“He misses someone who is with him in the music club” was the next text. I didn’t want to risk anything. I knew exactly what he was talking about.

“I have no idea what are you talking about,” I replied.

“Oh, you do really know, baby,” he replied.

“Ok, maybe he misses his bro or his family,” I replied.

“Oh no, baby it’s someone who is close to his heart,” he texted.

“I don’t know who the hell you are talking about so just shut the hell up,” I replied, I know I sounded harsh but I didn’t want to say anything else. I didn’t want them to get any ideas. I knew he would not like it, if his friends knew anything.

I waited for him to reply but I didn’t get any reply, so I called. I knew it was stupid thing to do but I didn’t know why I did it. It was Ming who answered the call.

“Sorry Kit , my friends played a prank on you. Don’t take anything personal. I will call you once I get up in the morning” he said and went off the phone.