Chapter 33

30th January 2010

My heart raced. Will my desire come true? Will he propose to me? My heart started to yearn but I told myself not to be greedy. He got into trouble once and I didn’t want him to get into trouble again because of me.

“Day before yesterday what made you to so busy?” I asked him.

“Nothing big, Kit ” he replied.

“If it is not big then why you don’t say tell me?” I asked, challenging him.

“Ok just promise that you won’t get worried and come running to my house,” he said.

“Ming you are scaring me. Just tell me what happened” I said.

“You have not promised me yet, Kit ,” he said. Tears almost gathered in my eyes but I could not say no to him.

“I will not come to your house unless you call me Ming, just tell me what happened,” I said, worried.

“I met with an accident, Kit . That is why I was not able to call you yesterday,” he said.

“What? When? How? Why you didn’t tell me Ming?”

I almost started to cry. My fear became true. This could not happen. If it had happened while he was talking to me riding on his bike then I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself.

“Nothing happened to me, Kit . I am fine, just some bruises. Don’t get worried. I am fine. Just fell down because I was not able to balance my bike. I accelerated my bike on a heap of sand,” I tried my best not to cry. “It happened after talking with you on the phone,” he said. I started to cry. I broke into tears.

“I am sorry Ming,” I said, sobbing.

“Kit , are you crying?” he asked me.

“No I am not” I said, trying to control my emotions.

“I know your voice, Kit . I said nothing happened to me. I am fine. Just don’t cry,” he said.

“I am sorry, Ming. It is my fault I should not have called you. I am really, really sorry Ming,” I said.

“Hey!! It is not your fault. It happened because of my carelessness, not because of you. You will know nothing happened to me once you see me. Stop crying and sleep now. I will call you later. Just take rest and stop your crying,” he said and the phone went blank.

He is getting into trouble because of me. I am not worthy of him. He is getting into danger because of me. I should not have desired for something more than what I deserve. My heart broke and I spent the remaining night crying and asking his forgiveness repeatedly.