Chapter 6

30th June 2009

When I woke up it was three in the morning. Actually I had spent the whole evening sleeping. My stomach rumbled because I was hungry. I didn’t eat anything after lunch. I searched for food but I couldn’t find anything to eat. Everyone in my home was asleep.

I didn’t know what to do. I had no work that day. I was thinking of what to do then I found my walkman placed on my writing desk. I went through my music collection. I didn’t know what kind of music I was looking for... I had no idea what I wanted. I went through my collection again and again. I would have gone through it more than thrice before finding what I wanted. I wanted something that would give me peace of mind, something which would erase my worries away. My mom always used to say that music was a best friend and nothing could make you feel better when you are sad other than music. I decided to test her theory.

I found my favourite melody hits and played them. The music was lullaby to me. I moved in the way that the music guided me. I slept again. It was almost 6.30 when I woke up I was late and I hardly had time to get ready.

I made it to class but it had almost started when I reached my class room. I went straight to my place. The class was going dead slow. I didn’t know how time flew when I was asleep and went dead slow when I was awake that too when class was on.

I would have looked at my watch more than 20 times before the class was over. Rome was constantly bugging me asking why I was so restless and dreamy. I couldn’t answer his questions even I did not know what the hell I was doing.

He made my world spin fast - too fast, at the same time he could also make it stop. I was like a puppet in fate’s hand. It played with me as much as it could. More than fate, the feelings that I had for him, made things worse.

The bell rang but I was not in the mood to eat. It didn’t mean that I was not hungry. I was hungry enough to finish my food and eat my friend’s too but I couldn’t. My body wanted energy and my system wanted food. I had to eat. I was weak.

I lost track of everything. I was staring I didn’t know what I was looking at. I didn’t know what I was doing. Rome shook me and said something. I was able to hear only one word that he said - Ming. That word - that name pulled me back to life.

“What?” I asked him .

“Oh god Kit  what the hell is wrong with you. Why are you looking pale? You have been restless form past day. Are you allright? And for heaven’s sake, Ming is calling for you and he is waiting outside the class,” he said.

I sat immobile. I was shocked and more than that, I was confused. he shook me again and said

“Oh my god Kit , move, go, he is waiting,” he pushed me out of the chair in which I was sitting. he was annoyed, really annoyed. I have never seen him irritated this much.

I took small steps thinking confusedly, why did he come here? Why is he here? He has no staff handling any subject from here not even Mathematics or any foreign language. Is it because I didn’t go to club yesterday? Nay, he hardly noticed if I was there or not. What did he want? I don’t know. I can’t find a reason for him being here.

At every step that I took towards him, my heart raced. The colour returned to my face. I reached him but stood little away from him. I didn’t want to risk crying by going near him. I knew I would pour my feeling out if he spoke softly.

I waited for him to start the conversation. I couldn’t find my voice to speak. All I could and was able to do was look at him. I made a mistake. I looked into his eyes. That’s it... I was not able to look at anything else that was around me. The only thing that my eyes could see was him and his mesmerising eyes.