i ⇝ PUMPKIN CARVING

pumpkin carving / pumpkin spice is overrated.

⇝⇜Mayumi had warned Tokoyami, but he just didn't bother to heed her words

⇝⇜
Mayumi had warned Tokoyami, but he just didn't bother to heed her words. When she said that her friend (and his girlfriend) was terrifyingly into the October tradition, she was completely serious. Too serious.

Anyone was a fool to not realize she liked the idea of the month. She wore black and orange clothes year round, had bat stickers on her binders, and always had a stash of candy that anyone could raid if they simply said "trick or treat" first. Halloween followed her like a solidified mist, but that was as far as Fumikage's knowledge went.

"Oh man, it got chilly quick, huh?" Kimora questioned in a monotone manner, her shoulder brushing against her boyfriend's as they walked along the road. The two were the same height, which the girl cherished as she knew the boy beside her would one day stand taller, even by just a little.

"Yes, the sun has fled, taking the grace of her warmth wi—"

"It's perfect!" Kimora shouted, her voice high in pitch was not a daily occasion. Tokoyami glanced to her curiously when she hopped a bit, her face flushing in excitement.

"How so, darling?"

"It represents both sides of this season. The aesthetic, cuddly side– and the dark and dreary side."

Kimora Iwasaki was not often a rambler. She was silent in class (or, at least, that's what her classmates in Class 1-B had told him), often zoning out and give short answers when called on. It did not mean she was cold towards others. She always had a grin or smirk of some kind, her eyes always holding that fun mischievous glint. Her voice was usually smooth and steady, either monotone or holding a small hint of sarcasm.

But she was also a passionate girl. Things she loved brought her out more, making her loud and as if she had been hyped up on gallons of coffee. Halloween was one of her passions.

"You seem to be in a positive mood," he inquired. Although he wasn't as fond of the celebration as his girlfriend, he still found excitement bubbling in his chest for whatever she had planned for them.

"Of course I am, Fumikage. It's my first Halloween with you, it's a special time." Her statement made him blush for a moment, but his ruffled feathers quickly smoothed when he caught her dark smile, and the shadow that fell over her face. "Your initiation."

"Right, so where are we going?" He grasped her hand as a nipping breeze blew through the trees, desperate to change the subject. She squeezed the appendage back feverishly, turning so that she could peck his beak quickly.