v ⇝ LOVER VS. HATER

halloween lover vs halloween hater / it's autumn not 'fall'.

⇝⇜"I missed you yesterday," Kimora hummed gently

⇝⇜
"I missed you yesterday," Kimora hummed gently. She and her boyfriend walked in a local park, hands shoved in their jackets. She made no move to make contact with him, worried that it would be the wrong move. "I tried looking for you after school got out, but Midoriya said you wanted to be left alone when I got to your dorm building."

"Sorry," Fumikage hummed, "I was thinking." Iwasaki's eyes fell and the conversation between her and Tokoyami went stale once again.

When Kimora hadn't seen the teenage boy at all the day before (besides a glimpse or two in the hallways of UA), she didn't think much of it. She knew her beloved was just like anyone else, needing a day alone here and there. Just because they were together doesn't mean they had to be joined at the hip anyways, that just wasn't healthy or realistic.

But then the next day came. Thankfully Tokoyami showed his face before the day had even begun, popping his head into Class B (despite Monoma's protests) just to say good morning to his girlfriend (even Awase and Kodai enjoyed the surprise).

It had been nice to know he was fine physically, but Kimora could immediately sense the waves of darkness seeping from him. Not his typical "revelry in the dark" type of darkness, but the kind where something horrible was plaguing his mind.

He had been stoic all that day, his gaze glossy and his shoulders hunched. He didn't bother to hide it from anyone, which clearly indicated whatever was going on was draining him. He was silent in the cafeteria, not accepting Mayumi's conversation starters or food offered his way.

She held off asking him what was pestering him so much, waiting for when they were alone and he would feel secure. Now was the time, alone in the park with only the crunching of leaves beneath their feet.

"Fumi—"

"What did you have planned for today?" Tokoyami unintentionally spoke over her. She blinked slowly, before smirking and bumping him slightly.

"Nothing... much. Just what we're doing right now. Normal family activities like this are another important part of any holiday, even Halloween," she explained softly. Tokoyami sighed, stopping in his tracks and looking to the tree line that spanned on his right side.

"Then why aren't you with your family?"

His tone was not harsh or cold, but the implications of the phrase still made hurt swell in Kimora's chest. She decided it would be bad for them both to be wrapped up in melancholy, so she chuckled forcefully and tapped his shin lightly to gain his attention.

"Maybe my parents or siblings aren't here, but you are." He looked up as she continued, her grin strong as she blushed lightly. "We've only been together for a year but... if we stay together of course I want a child. Adopted, blood, I don't care. Even if we don't stay together you'll still be apart of the Iwasaki family. My mom and dad will have that picture of you on their desk no matter what, right alongside their other children."

Kimora watched as Fumikage's eyes got watery, his beak clamped shut and his feathers shaking along with his shoulders. She finally released her concerns, grabbing his arm and looking at him intently. "What's the matter, Fumikage?"

He stayed quiet for a moment, but in the end took a sharp intake of breath and his words spilled out. "Do I look like a monster? I always see people staring at me oddly, especially around this time of year."

Kimora immediately felt herself choke up, throat blocked with a sudden realization. She had never seen Tokoyami as necessarily different because of the way he looked, and she thought it was the same for everyone else. His bird head was never a concern or complaint in her mind, just another attribute she loved about him. It was the same with her family, but she suddenly realized that Tokoyami had to deal with the circumstances everyday and saw things through different eyes.

"Fumikage," Kimora frowned. He reached out to grip the front of her sweatshirt shakily, his deep voice cracking as he continued on.

"I know I look different and that's okay, but how can I be a hero if I just scare people?"

"Fumikage," she sighed softly once more. She pulled his hand away from her stomach, instead placing it over her shoulder as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him in for a hug. He buried his face in her, accepting the soft spoken side of her that not many saw.

"No offense, but there are much weirder looking people in this world. Your head is just a simple bird, there's people out there who are burdened with looking like and being actual monsters. I don't know what's going through the minds of people who stare at you, but I'm sure it's more curiosity than anything harmful."

Tokoyami sniffed, his mind calming with her reassuring words. Sometimes he forgot that she had a little sister who had to be consoled nearly every day. Kimora pulled back from him, a mischievous smirk stretching across her features.

"Anyways, monsters are super cute," she winked. Tokoyami scoffed with a blush, swiping his arm across his eyes before cradling his girlfriend's hand and beginning their walk again.

He looked to her in admiration, before his sheepishness took over.

"You would want to have children in the future, My Queen?" He questioned, causing a blush that matched his to appear.

"Of course, My King. With you, if things go to plan." She trailed off, squeezing his hand. "Hey, babe... I'm sorry for not noticing how you felt. If you don't want to do this Halloween stuff then that's okay, it won't stop me from celebrating."

"I'm okay now, darling," he assured her with a smile. "I have to know how you celebrate in full, so that I can warn our child properly."

Kimora elbowed him playfully, her smirk spreading to him.

"Oh, they'll never be prepared."

⇝⇜
sorry for the angst but..

⇝⇜sorry for the angst but