xii ⇝ TRICK OR TREAT

trick or treating / you taste like a candy apple.

⇝⇜A vibrating shout rang through the Iwasaki apartment

⇝⇜
A vibrating shout rang through the Iwasaki apartment. It did not phase Kimora nor Fumikage, besides the sigh and eyeroll that was produced from the former. "Mom, I need more time to finish Fumi's nails!"

"You had all afternoon to do that!"

"We had homework! It's not my fault the government decided to move trick or treating to a Tuesday!"

The teenage girl's bedroom door suddenly swung open, her father standing there in his Gang Orca costume. It was definitely hard to tell who he was with the human head and green hair, so he had painted his face black and white.

"Kimmy, it starts in fifteen minutes," Sileas reminded. "Are your nails really that important to your costumes?"

"They represent our swollen love and admiration for this October tradition," Tokoyami said, and his girlfriend's grip on his hand tightened. She nodded firmly, glaring at her father.

"What he said! He's the smartest person in this house right now." She paused as her dad chuckled in amusement. "And they match, it's cute."

Sileas looked to their plain black nails, the boy's left hand still drying. The adult shrugged, giving in. "Okay, you got me. I'll hold your mother down for another five minutes. That's all you have."

"Thank you," Kimora hummed, grinning.

"Thank Fumikage. I'm only being lenient because it's his birthday." Sileas left the two alone, going to distract his wife.

"Thank you, My King," Kimora smirked. She leaned forward to peck his beak, to which he blushed and looked away sheepishly. She then went to finish his last nail, making sure that it was as glossy as his other nine fingers.

"Anytime, My Queen."

Ten minutes later, with only five to spare before the sirens sounded, the family was running out the door. They walked about a block away, watching as several lights began flickering on with 6 PM moments away.

"Okay, be home by 8:30," Veda warned, her purple hair stiff with hairspray as it covered one of her eyes. "I've already called both Eraserhead and Vlad King, and you guys can spend the night away from the dorms."

Sileas shifted Fumikage's artificial wings so that they were straight, deciding that his Hawks costume was perfect. He then moved onto his son, adjusting the Uwabami wig atop his head. "Try not to ruin the costumes, kids. Aunt Emi wants them for some fucking reason."