xiv ⇝ EPILOGUE

fourteen / epilogue.

⇝⇜Rain sprinkled from the morning sky, coating the police cars in a thin sheet of water

⇝⇜
Rain sprinkled from the morning sky, coating the police cars in a thin sheet of water. Blue and red flashed across the apartment buildings, basking the area in light, but fortunately, not sound.

"Outline. Outline, ma'am," the policeman caught the attention of the 28 year old pro hero, and her gaze snapped to him quickly. "Your shift ended two hours ago. It's 6 AM now."

"Is it?" Outline hummed, looking to fading stars in curiosity. "We must've been on that villain's tail for awhile."

"Speaking of 'we,' where's your partner? Tsukuyomi?"

"Here," a deep voice rumbled, stepping up beside the female hero. "I apologize, I had to make sure the villain didn't try to run free last second."

Outline glanced up to Tsukuyomi with a soft smile, the man towering over her average frame. She made sure not to become distracted for a second time as the police officer before them wrapped everything up, staying still and patient until they were dismissed.

The train ride home was quiet, commuters on their way to work giving simple nods of gratitude to the hero duo. The walk home was even more silent without the screeching of train tracks, but soon enough Outline was unlocking the front door and stepping over the threshold.

And with the familiar scent of their apartment, Outline faded to Kimora Tokoyami, and Tsukuyomi to Fumikage Tokoyami.

"Philly? Are you awake?" Kimora called out. She pulled off her hero mask with a sigh of content, blowing away the strand of green hair that wasn't apart of her tedious purple braid. Fumikage stripped off his cloak, and the two night heroes officially became day citizens.

"Kimmy, Birdie, good morning," Philomena greeted, trekking out of the hallway with a yawn. Her green hair was a mess, and the purple tips held several dead ends. She hugged them both loosely, before pulling on her shoes to complete the uniform she already had on. "You're late."

"Sorry about that. Will you make to school on time?"

"I hope so. If I'm late and Aizawa scolds me then I'll end up breaking down again and I don't want that to happen," the 16 year old informed sheepishly. "I still don't know how I got him as my homeroom teacher. Or why I joined heroics in the first place."

"You wanna be just like your big sister," Kimora teased with a smirk. "Remember, just look to Kota and Eri if you get nervous. You've been doing so good the last few years."

"Of course." Philomena nodded, allowed her brother-in-law to adjust her tie, and walked out of the door.

Babysitting was a tough deal for a girl like her.

In the second room to the right, a pair of 4 year old twins lay fast asleep in their separate beds. Kimora always found herself in awe at how peaceful her children looked asleep, despite their rambunctious nature.

"How does Fanchon always manage to do that?" Kimora whispered, pointing a slender finger to her daughter. The soft, purple feathers atop the little girl's head was ruffled, a few sticking out of her beak. Her dark red eyes were usually bright and alive, but for the moment they were closed in a temporary slumber.

"Those are just her baby feathers, darling. They'll be a hassle for her until... puberty."

"Do you think that will be a problem for Kaiyo much longer?"

The parents then looked to their son, snickering at the sight of his stark black hair sticking up in various directions. Luckily the laughing didn't wake the young boy up, forest green irises not to be seen.

"Perhaps."

"Hm, well they're putting in a good example," Kimora said. She grabbed her husband's hand gingerly, leading him to their own bedroom where the warm sheets awaited them. "We need some sleep too."

"Such a mindreader, My Queen."

"I only have one quirk, My King."

⇝⇜

iii,,,,it ,,, its over 😡😡😡

i was SO tempted to make a sequel or a spinoff but i had some self control so this is the end for our lovebirds 😔 i gave them a nice closing though, i think. a glimpse into the future.

if youre a bit confused on the kids, then;

kimora and fumikage had twins named fanchon and kaiyo. fanchon is the older twin, and has a bird head just like her father (except her feathers are the color of her mom's hair). kaiyo is the younger twin, who has a normal human head (his hair is the color of his dad's feathers).

they're only 4, and have not manifested any quirks at the moment, so their quirks are up to your interpretation. 

i )))): im gonna miss all these characters but thats how it goes for every book f.

thanks for reading yall ily 💖💖✨