Chapter 5

(NPOV) It was nearing the end of my shift at the hospital. With only an hour left to go. I only had a few minor patients that day. Sakura and I talked most the day, mostly about the double date I'd be going on in a few hours. I still had no idea what I was going to wear. I rolled my eyes tapping my pen on the front counter as I leaned over on it.

"Naomi, you will never believe this!" Sakura yelled out, running down the hall flailing her arms.

"Oh!" I yelled, almost falling over from the sudden break of the silence.

"Oh sorry, I'm sorry," she said catching her breath.

She placed both her hands on my shoulders and looked me dead in the eyes.

"The sand siblings were attacked, Shikamaru showed up last second, and was able to catch the man with Temari's team work." She looked down sadly.

My heart dropped a bit, as I waited for her to continue explaining it to me.

"Kankuro stepped in front of a paper bomb and he is knocked out cold, and he does need some medical care." She sighed.

"That's awful." I said as placing my hand on my heart. "How I can I help?" I said eagerly.

She smiled sweetly at me, and pulled my hand, leading me down the hallway.

"Go ahead." She said, as she opened the door to a room in the emergency section of the hospital.

I peered in at Kankuro, laying there on the bed. I could tell he was in pain, even though he was not conscious. Sakura placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled at me again.

"You've got this." She assured me. "Plus, if you hurry, you all can still go to dinner tonight." She turned and left me alone with him.

I strode over nervously and ran my fingers over the rip on his shirt it was wet from a bleeding gash on his arm. First I placed my hands over the burns on his face, slowly letting my chakra heal him. He twitched a bit from the sensation. I placed my middle and index fingers, on his temples.

"Wake up." I said as I released more chakra into his head. He stirred some more, and I backed up as he sat up rubbing his head.

"Where is Temari?" he asked in a groan. He hadn't even looked up to see who I was yet.

I handed him his hat from the table. "Temari is perfectly fine as far as I know." I said gently, folding my arms over my chest.

He looked up at me without lifting his head, then smiled at me.

"I jumped in front of a paper bomb, to protect my sister." He said touching his face suddenly. "Did you do this?" he asked amazed at the freshly healed skin he was touching.

I blushed and nodded at him. "I'm not done yet actually." I said meekly, pointing to his arm.

(KPOV) I stared intensely at the beautiful young woman who stood in front of me. There was no doubt about it, its Naomi.

"You're going to heal my bigger wounds too?" I asked doubtfully. She frowned at me. I could tell she was not amused. "Alright." I shrugged my shoulders and stood up, taking my sweatshirt off slowly, trying not to rip my wounds even worse.

I watched her as her tiny trembling hands hovered above a cut on my chest.

"Focus." I heard her say to herself. She opened her eyes again, and let her chakra flow into me.

(NPOV) I could feel his eyes burning into me as I healed his chest with trembling hands. I glanced up at him again. Sakura wasn't lying, he had changed. His brown hair stuck up all directions, and the little bit of purple face paint he had across his nose was pretty smeared. I smiled and looked down blushing. His jaw line was strong, and his eyes were dark and serious.

"You're still as reckless as ever." I said smiling at him.

He laughed touching the fresh skin over his chest, as I went on to healing the gash on his arm.

Just then there was a knock at the door, and Temari walked in, with Shikamaru close behind.

"Kankuro!" she said happily, "I'm glad you're alright."

I stepped aside, letting the 3 of them catch up on the situation.

"What a drag." Shikamaru sighed putting his hands in his pockets. "At least they didn't get the letter to the Hokage. Its safely in his hands now."

"Listen kankuro." Temari chimed. "Shikamaru has offered to take us out for dinner and drinks, all on him." She smiled, as she winked at Shikamaru. Kankuro glanced over at me for a moment.

"Don't worry, she's going too!" she teased him. "So you might want to get cleaned up and change your clothes." She laughed.

I blushed as Shikamaru walked over to me placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Let me walk you home." He kindly offered.

"Oh no, I'll be fine." I laughed at how sincere he was. I turned and headed for the door, "Be ready at 7?" I asked.

"You got it." Shikamaru answered. "We'll be there to pick you up."

(KPOV) Naomi turned and waved to us all, before she looked right at me, and smiled. Then in a flash, she was gone.

"So," Shikamaru said, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "Want me to help you get something to wear?"

"Yeah, I guess that would be helpful." I agreed.

Temari searched through his closet, as he sat on his bed, and I stood in the doorway. She pulled out an all-black button up shirt, and black pants.

"Just your style." She laughed rolling her eyes and handing me the outfit.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "I suppose you're going to tell me not to wear any face paint either." I joked.

"That's up to you." She rolled her eyes and walked out of the room.

"I'd still wear it." Shikamaru pointed out as he passed by me to follow Temari.

"Thanks for the tip." I said sarcastically.

I rolled the sleeves up on the button up shirt, and painted a line of purple from my ear, across my nose, to my other ear. Just so people would maybe know who I was.