Chapter 17

"Well I don't have anything nice to wear, so we can eat wherever you want to I guess." I looked at him smiling down at me again. I blushed and looked away.

"Don't worry; I'm going to let you do some shopping today." He held up a wad of money. "Lord Gaara has given me this money to pay for anything you might want or need this week. And it is plenty of money, trust me." He laughed shoving it in his pocket.

"Is he sure?" I asked shyly. That was a lot of money. I didn't even know what to say.

(KPOV) "He said we owed you, after what happened last night." I smiled sincerely. I thought about when Gaara gave me this money for her, he had handed me a huge wad of cash and my jaw dropped. I had said to him "Are you crazy? This is more money than you pay me in a month!" he laughed and said it was because he liked her more than me.

"Meet me down stairs when you are ready and I'll take you shopping for the day." I kissed her on the forehead again. I could feel her face red from bashfulness.

I watched her carefully all day as we bounced from shop to shop. We talked, and laughed as we started to build a relationship. We even stopped in on Shikamaru and Temari giving their first exam together.

"Are you about ready for dinner?" I asked her as we sat there in my room relaxing for a bit.

"Yes!" she jumped up in excitement. The more this girl opened up to me, the more I liked her. "So which one are you going to wear?" I asked.

I ran my hands over the soft fabric of a few new dresses on my bed.

She smiled at me seductively. "You will just have to see." She winked before grabbing a bag off my desk, and heading to Temari's room to change.

I ruffled my hair a bit, and then buttoned up the black shirt I was wearing. Black was my color of choice. I wasn't nervous, but I was a bit anxious. I couldn't act out around her like that anymore, unless I wanted her to cause a scene, and then have her get herself into trouble. She had done it before 2 times, there wasn't going to be a 3rd.

I walked down to the living room passing Temari on the couch with Shikamaru, going over notes.

"Oh don't you look so nice!" she cooed at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Where is Naomi?" I asked.

"She is right outside, talking to Lord Gaara." Shikamaru said without looking up from his books and notes. Temari sat smiling at him; sitting with her legs crossed over his lap as he did all the hard work.

"Kankuro," she called to me as I walked to the front door.

"Yeah?" I asked impatiently.

"She looks really good." She smiled at me closing her eyes and tilting her head.

I smiled and turned back to open the door.

"Almost too good for you." She said to herself.

"Excuse me?!" I turned around and shot her a death glare. I glanced from her to Shikamaru, who was laughing with her. "Whatever keep your hands off my sister!" I said to him. I ducked out the door right in time, to avoid a book flying at my face from my sister.

I stood up straight, chuckling to myself as I fixed my shirt. I squinted through the setting suns bright rays, searching for my brother, and Naomi. Once I spotted them standing over to the side, I made my way over. I stopped walked and stared at Gaara, was he smiling? Gaara hardly ever smiled! Yet here was, standing with Naomi, a huge open smile on his face.

He turned to face me, and waved me over. That's when Naomi stepped out from around the corner, I hadn't actually had a good look at her yet. Her long black hair was braided to the side, and her mint eyes were as beautiful as ever. My heart melted as I looked at her sweet smiling face. I scaled down her body; I always save the best for last.

She had her hip to one side, with her hand resting on it, as if she knew what I was thinking. She is so sassy I swear. She was wearing a dark purple, strapless dress with black trim, it was velvet. She sure as hell didn't let me see her in this one at the shops? She must have snuck it by me. It went all the way to the ground, with slits to the hips on both sides. Goddamn, she was making me hard again. I shifted trying to hide it as Gaara gave me knowing grin, creeping me out.

Temari defiantly hadn't been lying, Naomi was way too good for me.