Chapter 18

(NPOV) I found this perfect dress while Kankuro was paying for some of clothes, and as he looked around for me afterwards, I snuck back to the counter and bought it with my own money. It wasn't cheap either!

I smiled to myself as I heard Kankuro coming from the front door. I had been standing there talking to Gaara as I waited. When I came down stairs, he was standing in the kitchen with his sister and Shikamaru, they were talking about work I'm assuming.

I walked in, blushing profusely, especially since this dress was so tight, and reviling. I had to squeeze into it, hoping I wouldn't burst out of it from my chest. Temari looked up first, her jaw dropped as she just gaped at me. Gaara looked up right after her, his eyes wide, mouth hanging open slightly, I hadn't seen him ever look surprised. Shikamaru looked at them.

"Hey what's the deal guys, pay att.." He took a double take at me, as he cut off his own sentence.

"You look like a dark angel." Gaara said as he rubbed his neck, sweating a bit. He was being super awkward.

I stood there looking very worried at the 3 people in front of me. I think I had over done it.

"Girl." Temari faintly said. "You are too hot for your own good."

"Oh stop it you guys! You're embarrassing me." I laughed and winked at Shikamaru, who hadn't said anything, just stood there blushing. Temari punched him in the arm and she pouted, crossing her arms. "Don't be so rude!" she scolded him.

"Oh, uh.. Sorry." He chuckled still blushing.

"I'll wait outside with you Naomi, I wanted to tell you something anyways." Gaara opened the front door, holding it for me.

"I'll see you guys later!" I waved and smiled eagerly at them.

"I will get straight to the point." He said, walking next to me. "I called Kakashi, and told him about what had happened to you, he was very thankful that you are alright. He even contacted your mother to tell her you were alright." He stared out at the setting sun.

"He told me that he would be our debt, and that we could have whatever we wanted. From food, to gold." He laughed "But I told him the thing I wanted the most was more valuable than gold. A woman with a heart of gold in fact, and a great medical ninja."

"Gaara.." I said softly, that was the nicest thing he had ever said to me.

"I need someone like you around here Naomi. You seem to brighten up my family, and it's strange but I feel very strongly about my decision. Will you consider coming to live here with us?"

I really didn't know what to say? "Do you think my hokage would be alright with me moving so far away?" I rubbed my right arm with my left nervously.

"He said if it was what you wanted, you would always be welcomed back to the village." He jumped back with surprise as I jumped up to him hugging him tightly. "Gaara, who knew you were such a softie?!" I cooed. "Yes! I will move here to Suna with you guys."

I stepped back admiring his huge sweet smile. He turned and waved Kankuro over, and I stepped over so I could see him. He was so handsome, with his black dress pants, and button up shirt. His sleeves rolled up tight.

Kankuro stood there with that same look on his as he had the first time he saw me dressed up. Just like everyone else apparently, he was at a loss for words.

I could see his cheeks blushed a bit as he walked up to me, placing his shaky hands on my waist.

"Arent you a sight for sore eyes." He smiled down at me.

I watched as his eyes danced over my entire body, I knew he was thinking that I looked sexy as hell.

Gaara patted Kankuro on the back, as he smiled at me. "We will talk about the arrangement later Naomi, have fun." He walked back to the house, still smiling.

"What arrangement?" Kankuro asked curiously.

"I'll tell you about it at dinner." I smiled, wrapping my arms around him and pulling him in for a deep passionate kiss.