Chapter 9

(KPOV) I stood outside the hotel I was staying at. I needed some fresh air.

I was sure that my sister had gone home with Shikamaru, but what about Naomi, was she ok?

I frowned at the thought of her again, I shouldn't care at all actually how she is doing, but I just couldn't help it. I sighed as I started walking to her house. It was very early, the sun was about to start rising.

I stopped walking, squinting in the dim morning light, as I watched a woman walking alone and holding her arms for warmth. It was Naomi.

"Wait." I called out as I jogged down the road to her. She turned to me, her eyes were heavy from tears, and her makeup was gone.

"Naomi," I rubbed the back of my head. "I'm so sorry." I placed my hand on her shoulder. Her sad face made my heart heavy, I just wanted to hold her close to me.

"Thank you Kankuro, but it's been a long night, and I just want to go home."

"Wait, Naomi, where have you been?" I leaned in to examine her better, and all I could smell was sex. "Oh I see." I stepped back, noticing the bite on her neck.

"Please.." she pleaded. "I didn't plan on going home with him, I don't love him anymore I swear!" She cried as she grabbed my hand.

"Please understand Kankuro." She let her head hang.

"No." I said, dropping her hand and turning around to leave.

(NPOV) I clinched my chest, could this get any worse?

Kankuro stopped walking and halfway turned to face me. "Just so you know, I'm not mad about you and dog boy. You're a grown woman, and who am I to tell you who you can or can't sleep with?" His face twisted into a snarl. "You're not my woman, and I don't think your my friend either."

"That's not fair." I tried to back myself up. "I didn't intend to do it."

"Like I said." He growled at me. "I don't give a fuck what you do, what upsets me is how you belittled me to be some man who was only out to get you in my bed, then you rush off to be with a man like that?"

"I know." I admitted ashamed of myself.

"Naomi, I thought you were this kind, beautiful girl who was willing to let lose, and have some fun. I never would have pressured you into my bed." He walked over, and softly brushed my hair to side, looking down at the bite mark that Kiba had so generously bestowed upon my neck. "I wouldn't have done that to you either." He said before he turned around and started walking back the way he came.

(KPOV) It took everything I had, not to turn back around and take her in my arms. I wanted her so bad, but I refused to let her see that. So I kept walking straight back to my room.

"OK, so spill it." Temari said as she busted through my door and sat on my bed.

I snorted, and continued to work on Crows head.

"Kankuro, I already talked to Shikamaru. He said Naomi called off her mission today, and won't leave her house. Please tell me you didn't do this to her." I could see the concern in her eyes.

I rolled my eyes, and set Crows head back down on the bed. "If you want to know what's wrong with her, just go ask Kiba." I said spitefully. "I'm leaving tonight, whether you come with me or not." I could tell she looked hurt, but she didn't argue with me. She simply got up and walked to the door.

"I'll be ready to go then." She closed my door leaving me alone.