Chapter 15

I laid her down on my bed, covering her up to her chest. Her injuries weren't that vital, knowing she could easily heal herself. She had already started doing so on the way back. I could feel her familiar chakra as I held her.

"Naomi," I said as I wiped a warm wet towel over her lips, cleaning up her blood. "I'm so sorry Naomi, please forgive me." I forced back tears, thinking about how scared she must have been, how bad it must have been for her.

"It's ok Kankuro." She said in a quiet, serious voice. She sat up, letting the sheet fall to her lap. Without hesitating I dipped the towel in hot water again, and wiped some blood off her collar bone. Her eyes were deep green, and red from crying. Her frown dark with emotion.

I scooted a bit closer to her, placing my hand on hers. "Are you still hurt?" I looked down to her ribcage where that dick had kicked her.

"No." she said blushing a bit and pulling the sheet back up to her chest.

"I've already healed myself." She looked around. "Where are my clothes?" she blushed a bit harder.

"Naomi, calm down." I said placing a hand on her knee. "I'll send someone to get you something to wear. I already called for Temari, she will be here in a few minutes I'm sure."

(NPOV) I could tell he was trying to be sincere, he wasn't concerned with me being under dressed, or taking advantage of me in an emotional state. And he called Temari? I guess he thought I needed another woman's help.

"I promise, I'm not going to leave you again." I heard him say next to me.

"What did you say?" I turned toward him, my heart was heavy.

He looked down rubbing his neck. "I said I won't leave you." He looked up at me.

"Kankuro," I said almost in a whisper. "I haven't yet thanked you and Gaara for coming to save me." A tear rolled down my cheek and I clenched the sheet tightly up to my face.

His eyes were soft, and he smiled slightly at me. "I shouldn't have let you get away." He wiped the tear off my face with his thumb, and then tucked my hair behind my ear. "Don't worry about those men. Gaara took care of them."

My eyes widened a bit with surprise. "Good to hear." I said closed my eyes and rubbed my neck.

"Naomi, you need to learn to fight back. I'm not saying you're not a strong woman." He grabbed my hand. "You just need to always be aware of your surroundings."

"There's always going to be bad people out there, if you end up in their territory, things can get very bad."

"If you didn't want me to leave, then why did you stand there and degrade me?" I asked, as I pushed past him, sanding up. I walked over to his closet, and pulled out a long sleeve black under shirt. I slipped it on, going down to my hips; it clung tightly to my skin.

I looked down and frowned when I realized you could still see and inch or 2 of my ass. I turned back to Kankuro, expecting him to be staring at my ass. Instead he was sitting on the edge of his bed leaning over on his knees. His face was serious. He stood up, still staring at me and crossed his arms.

"Naomi." He said sternly as he walked up to me. "Don't leave me like that again. I'm sorry if I hurt you, I guess I just wanted you to feel the way I did." He frowned. "I admit I took it too far, and because of that you ran away from me, getting yourself into trouble. I can't help you, if I don't know where you are."

I nodded and leaned into his chest, I could feel he was hesitant at first, but then he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly. I stepped back and looked down at myself again. There is no way this his shirt? He is like a foot and a half taller than me, and this shirt was so small, it was as if it were made for me.

"Who's shirt is this?" I asked wearily.

"It's mine what do you mean?" he laughed a bit.

I crossed my arms and looked him in the eye; he didn't seem to be lying.

"It's so small though? And Kankuro, I hate to break it to you, but you're not small." I grinned at his goofy smile.

"Well that's because that is indeed my shirt, like 5 years ago I could fit in it." He laughed out loud. I laughed with him.