二 two°

TWO

02.
❝ocean eyes❞

his lips were blue and cold and his teeth chattered as he lay against the rock by the shore, coughing up water.

he stares up at the sky, it is a pure blue that stretches seamlessly across the horizon. He's lost in the rhythmic percussion of waves on sand, clashing against the rocks. His eyes are steady to the horizon, face aglow with the sun beating down on him. Yoongi attempts to sit up but there a pain in his side, hand going to cup it and when he pulls away he's bleeding. He hisses in pain, pulling himself towards the water, shouting out for his pirates but there's no one in sight. There's debris and wood adorning the soft sand around him, washed up clothing from his crew and he pales.

"Hoseok!" He shouts out, reaching into the water, feeling the cold, salty sea wet his hand, ridding the crimson blood.

He feels something grab at his wrist in the water and at first he hopes it's one of his men but he's surprised when a boy rises to the surface of the water, he gazed into his soul; eyes a liquid amber, scrutinizing. "Lost?" The boy asks and yoongi's eyes rake over him, noticing pink hair the colour of the clouds during sunset, his smile which shows off his sharp teeth, gradient pink and grey scales adorning his ivory skin along his neck and his upper body, , the protruding gills along either sides of his rib cage, opening and closing to the rhythm of the boy's chest rising and falling with breaths.

He's beautiful but Yoongi yanks his hand away, reaching into his pocket to see if his dagger is still in the scabbard but it's gone and he turns back only to see the boy, holding the dagger out, blade under the captain's chin. "You're hurt?" The boy asks, eyes glancing over his face. His hands are taloned and webbed, good for catching and tearing apart prey, fins along his forearms.

"Where are all my men?"

The mysterious yet beautiful creature smiles, his plump lips and eye smile deceiving. "What's the word you murderers call it? Davy Jones locker?" The boy coos, eyes hardening as he meets Yoongi's eyes but then they soften, the creature holding the knife out for Yoongi to take. "I saved you, if you must know."

"Avast! That's bilge, you things are monsters," yoongi snaps, shaking himself out of the trance, sitting up taller as he clutches his side.

"I'd like to help," the siren says, eyes looking deeply at him, biting his lip.

Yoongi takes the knife, gripping it in his hand, "blimey! where's my buccaneers?" He hisses but he still can't get the pretty male out of his head, he's seen him before, in his dreams but he doesn't let that get in the way of finding his crew.

"They're dead," the siren snaps, eyebrows furrowing, "ah sink me! you should be grateful you're still breathing because of me, the others would never, dead men tell no tales, ain't that what you scurvy men say?" The boy snaps, rambling on. "So what that you're marooned? At least you're breathing! Gosh, you pirates, all you want to do is steal," the boy pouts and Yoongi has never seen this in his life... frankly he's never met a creature like this before, has only heard the horrible encounters people have had, he's seen them on rocks but little glimpses of them but never face to face till now... thought they'd be scarier.

"No men have survived?"

"As far as I know," the siren huffs, eyebrows knitted together.