四 four°

FOUR

04.
❝sonder ❞

"are you allowed to have legs for this long?"  Yoongi asks as they walk down the coast, following behind the siren who seems to be enjoying the legs he sports now, skipping and jumping over large rocks that lay on the beach, laughing happily.

"there is no time limit, captain, I've never really been out of the water much, I'm afraid of the villagers," the siren admits, it was darker now, having spent most of the day on the rock and bickering on the beach, their journey so far was quiet, Yoongi thinking of the pirates on his ship and the supposed crew member whom the siren knows of his whereabouts.

The moon poured down on them, showering them with beams of light. They caught in jimin's pink hair, making each curl on his head seem as though it was luminescent with passion. His tanned skin was illuminated by the stars. "it must be nice to travel, with your crew around the seas, I bet the stars are pretty in the middle of the sea," jimin hums, there's a peaceful natural sound coming from the waves, brushing up against the shore to kiss the coast, no matter what, it comes back.

"why I love the sea," Yoongi agrees and Jimin turns around to look at him, stopping.

"May we take a break? Legs hurt when you use them too much," jimin complains, collapsing onto the sand dramatically, digging his bare feet into the cold tinted sand from the moon and wiggling his toes. Yoongi hesitantly takes a seat beside the siren, staring out into the water that is illuminated by the moon light, reflecting off the surface. He has the sea in his eyes, sometimes he thinks he had a fire in his heart but the waves extinguished it, now his heart is just shivering and cold.

He leans back on his hands, fingers in the sand as Jimin runs his fingers through it, staring dazedly out into the ocean.

"You know, there's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shore, no matter how many time's it's sent away," Jimin says, eyes sparkling under the moonlight, smile bright as he looks at Yoongi who stares at him with curiosity.

He really was the most beautiful thing he's ever seen. He was different than the stories he was told as a child, about these things. This thing... no... this boy wasn't just some seductive man-eater, sure he does, but for some reason, yoongi can see that he's different.

"Is that so?"

"It's comely, don't you think? The thought of love being so strong and not giving up, they keep coming back, persistent on being with the shore."

"Do you think of love like that?" Yoongi asks, tilting his head to the side.

"I've never felt love, i mean... I feel like I have once because I feel a heartache sometimes, but never," jimin sighs. "what about you?"

Yoongi doesn't know why he feels like he can be vulnerable, like he can open up to a boy he doesn't know, someone who was part of killing his men.

"I've grown up on the seas, I've had to fight to survive because no one wants a Pirate near them, we're criminals wanted for bounty, my crew is my family, there's no time for love when there is none for me, nothing but hatred."

Jimin tries not to look so awed by the man beside him, staring longingly, he devoured his face with his eyes, wishing with all his being that He could reach out and brush his hand against his cheek, or run his fingers through his hair. But the siren refrains from doing so, and continues to succumb to the endless torture of watching Yoongi without being able to touch.