十四 fourteen°

FOURTEEN
十四

14.
❝lover's paradise❞

"Will we read tonight?" Jimin asks, wrapping his arms around himself because it's bitter cold tonight, the tip of his nose red, his teeth chattering and Yoongi turns to look at him, wrapping his arms around the siren in a tight embrace. Jimin is taken back by the hug but he hugs back, hiding his face in yoongi's neck.

"I have something for you," Yoongi says, pulling away and reaching into his jacket pocket, he fists something in his hand and Jimin stares down at his closed fist with curious eyes.

"Yoongi..." Jimin says, eyebrows furrowed in confusion until the pirate opens his hand, resting in his palm are two pendants on a chain, the mermaid pendant and the pirate ship pendant.

"That woman told me you were admiring these when I came over, I knew you were looking at something so I sent you off to buy vegetables so I could buy them for you," yoongi smiles softly.

"No one's ever done something like this or treated me like this, why?" Jimin asks, his mouth dropping open in surprise.

"You're leaving, we're heading back to the coast of busan and I want you to remember me," Yoongi says, "to remember the ship, love." He places the pendants in jimin's hand, covering his hand with his own and the siren clenches his eyes shut before he throws his arms around Yoongi, pressing his lips against the captain's. Yoongi kisses back, one hand around his waist and the other tangled in his hair, their mouths moving in sync, tongues exploring each other's mouths even though they're so familiar with one another already.

They had no idea it was so easy and quick to fall in love with someone as they pull away, leaning their foreheads together. "I'll never forget you, but you must wear this one as I wear the ship, for each other," Jimin giggles. Yoongi takes the ship pendant, turning Jimin around so he can put on the necklace, clipping it together and then his fingers linger on the nape of his neck, running down the bare shoulder that is exposed by jimin's large shirt. The boy shivers under his touch, turning back to do the same for the captain, putting the mermaid necklace around his neck.

"It's funny," Jimin giggles to himself, "I never felt this way about anyone before," he says, turning to look out at the water, "I've seen you in my dreams though, I dreamed of you but once I found you they stopped, when I really got you, when we kissed and became what we are... everything just stopped and I started living in the moment with you."

Yoongi wraps his arms around jimin's waist, kissing the side of his neck. "You're the best thing that has happened to me, Jimin."

They end up talking all night on the forecastle deck, Yoongi read more of the story, they spent the time in each other's arms until it was time for them to end their night, Yoongi walked Jimin to the crew's quarters, their hands intertwined as they stopped at the door.

"Goodnight night, my love," Jimin whispers, his fingers playing with yoongi's pendant.

"Til 'morrow," Yoongi whispers back, kissing Jimin once more before he pulls away with a smile and Jimin smiles back, his hand on his heart as he giggles to himself, forcing himself back into the quarters with all the sleeping pirates. He's in a trance as he practically glides to his bunk bed, slipping into some comfortable clothes to sleep in, a large tunic that slips off his shoulders and some shorts. He tries to rest, closing his eyes and trying to fall asleep to the thought of yoongi.

Except he can't sleep. He stays laying on his cot for an hour or two, staring at the top bunk where Hoseok is asleep above him, he pulls himself out of the bunk bed, he can hear Namjoon snoring loudly a couple beds down. He wants to see Yoongi, his captain and his lover. He's dying for it, so bad that it's like an itch he can't scratch. He tip toes out of the crew quarters, opening the door and walking out into the main deck, the wind tousled his hair as he wraps his arms around himself, creeping towards the captain's quarters, knocking softly when he gets there.