二十一 twenty one°

TWENTY ONE
二十一

21.
❝I'll wait for you❞

Yoongi sits down on a stool in the tavern at the pirate port, twirling his cutlass between his fingers as he stares absentmindedly at his feet. It's been days and he's been missing Jimin like crazy. The ship feels empty without his presence. His love had made such an impact with his time on the ship and now it's not the same. He takes a swig of the rum, watching his crew hang around the tavern with other pirates, gambling and causing mischief. They're waiting to fix up the boat before they'll set sail again, raid some villages and then he'll be back for Jimin, he promises.

Namjoon sits across from him, a woman on his lap as he whispers to her and Yoongi can only scoff, rolling his eyes because no wench from the brothel down the street could fulfill any desire of his, his heart, soul and body belong to the pink haired boy who he is proud to call his mate.

"If it isn't Captain Min," a sultry voice coos, hands touching Yoongi's shoulders before making their way down his chest, slipping into his loose shirt and running along his broad chest and Yoongi grunts. The wench he's definitely been with before, a woman he remembers her name, Soojung her name is. She whispers promiscuous things into his ear and he tilts his head away.

"I'd like it if you didn't touch me," he says gruffly.

"How come?" She coos and Yoongi stabs his cutlass into the wooden table, making her jump as she moves her hands away. He holds up his left hand.

"I'm a taken and loyal man," he hums and the girl scoffs.

"Another pirate? Are you joking?" She laughs. "Is he cute?"

Yoongi knows this happens, polygamous relationships aren't uncommon among pirates and woman on shore. Pirates will find partners in their crew and women. Except he doesn't like the idea of having anyone but Jimin. He promised. He promised to be faithful and even if he didn't promise, he can never think of another person as he does for Jimin or feel that way for someone like Jimin.

"None of your fucking business if he's cute or not, he's fucking mine," Yoongi swears, snapping his head to glare at the woman from the brothel. "I'm not interested in fucking you, understand?" He asks crudely and Namjoon is staring at him with wide eyes.

Soojung's eyes are wide at Yoongi's authoritative voice, deep and scary and she takes a step back.

"Fuckin' hate this port," Yoongi growls out, standing up and grabbing his knife, having to yank it out from where it's wedged into the wood of the table. He slips it back into his scabbard that's around his waist before he walks out of the tavern completely. He just wants to see Jimin, be with him and after he's left he can't find anything fun, he's grown accustomed to Jimin's presence that it's like an empty void that Yoongi wants to fill but he can't unless Jimin is there with him. He wonders how Jimin is doing, is he missing him just as much? Is he doing alright? He hopes the love of his life won't forget him and even though he knows what they have is special, he still has a worrisome thought in the back of his mind that something bad is going to happen, a gut feeling and Min Yoongi is usually never wrong. He follows his intuition.

He touches the mermaid pendant around his neck, letting out a sigh because he misses his beloved so much and he's worried, worried about everything and usually he is carefree but not now.

Jimin is the love of his life, his many lives.

--

"Jimin! What is this!?" Seokjin exclaims as he grabs onto Jimin's webbed hand, emitting a high pitched shrieking sound as he stares at the shiny, gold ring on his finger. "Where did you get this?" He hisses, eyes narrowing, his black hair falling into his eyes as his claws dig into Jimin's wrist. Jimin lets out a cry of pain, trying to pull his hand away but the siren won't let up on his grip, stormy grey eyes piercing into Jimin's amber ones.

"It's a gift," He cries out, hissing through his teeth.

"From who?!"

Jimin bites his lip, their sitting on the rocks, Seokjin looking at him with a cold glare. He can't lie, not about Yoongi. Maybe Jin will be okay with it once he explains that they're in love. That he's found someone, that humans, some of them are okay.

"My husband," Jimin croaks out, voice strained and he blinks away the salty tears that are brimming at the corners of his eyes.

"What?" Seokjin snaps, his ears and cheeks going extremely red. "Those... Those humans? murderers?" He asks. "They captured you! They stole you and you betray us like this?" He screeches.

"They're not all bad people! A lot of them are kind and he's beautiful and kind, I'm in love with him. Humans are just like us," Jimin rambles on, "My yoongi is the love of my life, Seokjin, I want to spend my life with him."

"He used you, he must have, he enchanted you to think and believe he loves you, those humans love no ones but themselves! They take and take and take."

Jimin's bottom lip quivers, sniffling as he yanks his hand away from Seokjin, "He's coming back for me and I'm going to go with him," Jimin huffs. Maybe he's saying it in the spare of the moment because he's getting worked up but he doesn't care, "I want to get as far away from this cove as I can," he chokes out.

"He's not coming back for you, he won't. Those animals aren't trustworthy, he'll forget about you at least we know where your loyalty is, Jimin. You choose humans over your own kind, pathetic," Seokjin scoffs and Jimin's fists clench, claws digging into his palm until it draws blood, angry tears rolling down his cheeks. He knows he's going to be ostracized from their pack, but he's going to wait, wait for Yoongi to return and take him away. Maybe Taehyung can come with and they'll live happily aboard the black jewel.

He knows Yoongi will come back for him, He sits on the rock, looking out at the coast line, watching the blues of the sky and the ocean mesh together in a symphony of blue.

He touches the beautiful pendant around his neck, breathing in sharply as he thinks about Yoonig, letting warmth spread throughout his chest.

He'll be back, he has to be back.

Min Yoongi will come back for him. He hopes. His beloved promised he would, he wouldn't break their promise. He'll wait, wait till the day he sees the ship in the distance, know that the love of his life is here for him.

He'll be waiting till then.

For him.

So um I've been slacking with this book and I'm sorry if these last two chapters (this and the epilogue) are messy but I thought I'd get this book done before New Years so I can have something special up for you on New Years so I'm kinda rushing and I'm sorry but I promise I'll give you more content in the surprise :((

—So um I've been slacking with this book and I'm sorry if these last two chapters (this and the epilogue) are messy but I thought I'd get this book done before New Years so I can have something special up for you on New Years so I'm kinda rushing ...