∞ epilogue°

EPILOGUE

∞.
❝Doomed❞

Jimin closes his eyes, trying to remember Yoongi, the way he looks, the way his hair flows like waves on a windy day, how his eyes held emotions deeper than the ocean, Jimin would drown for him if he could, he'd die for him a second time. He hates that he's losing hope, he felt like he was sinking to the bottom of the ocean, knowing that this might be the end.

Until Yoongi sees him, if he sees him.

Missing Yoongi comes in waves, the past few weeks, enjoying the cove, his old ways but whenever he'd be happy, he'd think of Yoongi and he'd drown in his sorrows again.

He's hungry, so fucking hungry. He can't eat, not like he used to.

He's drowning, not by water but by his sorrows.

"He's not coming," Seokjin says, shaking his head as he watches Jimin, sitting on the sand, knees pulled up to his chest because he refuses to go into the water. He's staring at the horizon, same place for the past few days, waiting for Yoongi.

"You know,  even if the wait carries on into my next life, I'll wait for him because that's what love is, that's what you do when you love someone and I know he's coming for me, he promised me," Jimin says.

Seokjin only laughs at that, shaking his head, "doesn't it hurt? Waiting for someone who's not coming back for you?"

"I love him enough to wait for him, he said he'll come back for me, I'm not leaving because I might miss him, what if he thinks I wasn't here for him, then he'll think I'm gone," Jimin croaks, "I can't do that to him," He sniffles, wiping his tears away with his fists.

"But you're letting that idiotic pirate do it to you."

"He's not!" Jimin shouts at him,

"You're wasting your life waiting for something that won't happen, Jimin! You're perishing! You're going to kill yourself over a human! Out of anything!"

Jimin stands up on his feet, salty tears flowing down his cheeks, "when you finally find someone that you actually love, the love of your life, you'd understand why I wait, why it's worth the wait. Yoongi wouldn't leave me, he just won't and I know it."

Seokjin's ears go red with anger, his eyes blazing a red colour, "I'm tired of protecting you from the reality that he's not coming back for you! You're going to die alone, not with him! And not with your family! Your supposed family!" He screams, "you're a traitor to your own kind."

Jimin clenches his eyes shut, covering his ears because he can't handle this, he's going crazy. "Go away," he seethes as he sits down on the sand, curling in on himself, hiding his face in his knees.

He doesn't know how long until he opens his eyes, and he's met with nothing, absolute nothing.

He's alone.

Just him, the waves and the sky, there's no clouds swarming the horizon and it's just nothing but infinite blue.

"He'll come for me," Jimin whispers to himself.

"He promised."

He thinks he's losing his mind, he's so hungry, hell bent on proving their love is real, that Yoongi is coming. That he didn't give up his life for a dream. He's staring at the sky, he's run out of tears to cry, he tries but they won't come, there's nothing left.