十七 seventeen°

SEVENTEEN
十七

17.
❝all is fair❞

Yoongi gets better, they had slowed down the speed of their ship, they needed to repair the ship as best as they can to hold before they can bring Jimin back and go to another haven to repair it completely. Yoongi is constantly busying himself around the ship and he seems to always be in thought. He doesn't like talking to Jimin late at night about what will happen when they return to the cove in busan or what will happen later. They don't talk to each other all day, both having their duties on the ship and it's only when it's the evening that Yoongi says something to him.

Jimin sits on the bed, watching Yoongi go over the maps and scrolls, holding the book they're reading to his chest. "Will you read to me tonight?" Jimin asks, watching Yoongi who's preoccupied with his work. The captain puts the graphite stick he's writing with behind his ear, turning to look at his siren. Jimin holds the book out for him with doe eyes. "We haven't read in a while."

"Yes, sure, after I finish up with these, in the meantime can you... take these to Jeongguk," Yoongi says, grabbing a handful of scrolls and holding them out for the siren. Jimin pouts as he places down the book, nodding as he takes the scrolls into his hands. Yoongi holds his head between his hands, kissing the top of his head. "Thank you, my love, I promise we'll read tonight," he assures but Jimin doesn't hold him to it, walking out of the captain's quarters to go to the navigators own quarter's, using the toe of his boot to knock on the door.

The door cracks open and Jimin steps forward as Jeongguk opens the door wider, his shirt hanging around his neck, trousers low on his waist. He looks like he was just about to go to bed. "Captain wanted to give you these,"he mumbles and Jeongguk nods towards the table.

"set them down there, thanks," he says, walking towards his bed and Jimin can't help but stare at the seven scars littering his upper body.

"What happened?" He asks softly and Jeongguk looks down at his chest, laughing out.

"Born with it, I guess I carry my past mistakes with me, whatever I did back in my previous life to get these must've sucked," Jeongguk sighs, running his fingers over the marks.

"You believe in a past life?" Jimin asks, placing the scrolls down as the navigator plops down onto his silk sheet covered bed, tucking his arms behind his head, letting his eyes fluttered closed.

"I believe something happens after we die, I believe I was something or someone before this, that my past shaped me to be who I am, I think we all have a destiny," the navigator says, starting to doze off. Jimin takes that in, deep in thought as the navigator easily drifts off to sleep, he feels dizzy as he stumbles out of the bedroom, getting hit with a sudden feeling he can't explain, he feels reminiscent of something as he stops outside the doors and then he turns back and walks into the navigators room again. He feels like he's losing his grip on reality, squeezing his eyes shut, gripping the hem of his shirt and as he steps in and when he opens his eyes he's not in the navigator's quarters. He's standing in the doorway of a beautiful and large room, the navigator asleep in a huge bed, dressed in different sleep wear.

Jimin shuffles towards the bed and for some reason he feels a sense of vengeance and anger towards the navigator, as if he isn't even controlling himself, a sense of sorrow and feelings building up inside of him. He feels like he lost something important, he feels like crying. He never knew what heartbreak felt like, the feeling of being devastated but he can feel a sense of that as he crawls onto the bed, straddling the navigators lap and he looks slightly different. His hair is different and he looks more clean and put together than the Jeongguk he knows.