Chapter 1

The alarm rings...I open my eyes. My clock reads 6.00am. Its another school day.The holidays had gone fast..even though all I did was stay at home.

I get out of bed like a zombie. After giving my teeth a brush and taking a long hot shower, I stand in front of my closet deciding what to wear..not that it matters anyway...I choose my black ripped jeans, burgundy hoodie and my usual Nike's and I'm done.

Pulling my hair into a ponytail, I walk downstairs to the smell of strong brewed coffee. My mums at the counter.
She smiles at me.

"Good morning sweetheart," she said still smiling.
"Good morning mum," I reply as I get a cup of coffee and sit beside her at the counter.
I sneak a peek at her. She seems happier lately..why shouldn't she be?...she has her boyfriend taking her out every night and bringing her back at 4am every morning. She's usually already at work when I get up and leaves notes on the refrigerator about dinner,working late and the usual. This had been her routine for the past two months now. Ever since dad left, I could feel my mum and me drifting apart. To hear her voice after such a long time was surprising but I felt warm hearing it. It felt like I hadn't seen her in a long time..

"So...how are you feeling?" I ask hesitantly.
She sighs."Guess I should be the one asking you that huh?" She said looking at me with sudden sadness in her eyes.

I look down not wanting to meet her gaze...not wanting her to know how much I missed her.

She takes a deep breath. "There's something... I have to tell you," she says hesitantly while sipping her coffee.

This is my fist ever fanfic. Hope you like itI'll try to update soon after my exams are over❤ A big thank you to catchumylife for inspiring me to write💜 I love your work! ❤❤

Xoxo