Chapter 14

I fall asleep while crying. When I wake up it's already noon. I go to the kitchen and make myself some instant noodles. I take at least four bites before I throw it away.

I look out the window and see it's  grey and gloomy. Perfect for my mood. I pull my hair in a ponytail and grab my wool coat, phone and keys. Then I go out for a short, nope probably long walk.

I walk past many houses. Some small, some big, but all have one thing in common. They give off a happy feel and I remember my house looking dark and drained of any life. I sigh. Tears already about to fall. I hold them back. I'd had enough crying for one day.

I think about Namjoon. How he must be feeling. I hate myself for hurting him but it's better to keep him away.
I go past an alleyway and see some men obviously drunk laughing. I walk faster not wanting to attract their attention. Too late. Before I can get away I'm pushed against a wall.

I look up and see a huge man with a big scar across his right eye. His hands are on the walls each side of me caging me in. He laughs.

"Well isn't it late for someone like you to be out?"he sneers. I feel terrified.

I feel suffocated as he leans in and traces my face with a knife. His two friends are laughing behind him, each with small knives in their hands.

I start breathing heavily. I can feel another panic attack coming. My head feels dizzy and my knees feel weak. He slowly cups my face and leans in but before anything can happen I see him being yanked back by the collar and someone hitting his head with a block. He shouts in pain and falls.

Someone grabs my hand and pulls me away as we run all the way to my house. I'm out of breath and about to pass out. I turn around to see who saved me. And my eyes widen.

"Namjoon," I say in surprise and relief.
He doesn't say anything but looks at me with boiling rage.
He takes my keys from my hand, opens the door and pulls me inside.

He slams the door and pushes me against it. I'm in shock. This is not what I had expected. I had been happy to see him but his reaction is clearly the opposite.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DO!? FIRST YOU PUSH ME AWAY THEN YOU GO GET YOURSELF ALMOST RAPED BY THOSE MEN!? IF I HADN'T FOLLOWED I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!"he yelled at me. His eyes were full of fury, relief and pain too. He was trying hard to control his breathing.
Surprisingly I wasn't scared or mad. I was relieved and happy beyond belief. Before I could stop myself, I put my arms around his neck and pulled him in a hug. I cried on his shoulder. He was taken back by the sudden gesture, but he put his arms around me and hugged me back.

"Shh. It's okay..don't cry,"he whispers in my ear while stroking my back.
This reminded me of when he had held me in front of my house. Had it been just a day? It felt like years since I had seen him. I didn't realize I had been missing him. Now that he's here I feel calm and happy..actually FREAKING happy. I thought I had forgotten what that feeling was, but here I was.

"Stay,"I whisper.

He moves back and cups my face with his hands.
"You never had to ask,"he says looking at me with those beautiful chocolate brown eyes.

Maybe I'm desperate or just plain stupid to trust him..but I do with all my heart. Maybe I'll end up getting hurt again and maybe he'll leave...but for now I will make as many memories I can to remember when he is gone.

Namjoon POV

I lay in bed. It's noon, I can tell by looking at the sky from my window. I sigh. I feel bad for ignoring Meghan and Charlie yesterday.  I was upset and I had gone straight to bed and had drowned out their knocks with my headphones.

I ruffle my silver hair and look out the window again. And I see her. My heartbeat quickens. She looks so beautiful but sad at the same time. I watch her walk by without noticing my open window.

I realise it's really late.

What if she stays out too long?

What if something happens?

Will she be okay?

I can't shake off this strange feeling. No matter how much I said I would stay away. I truly can't. It's like something made me attached since the first day I saw her. I look out again and curse myself under my breath as I grab a shirt and run outside.

I follow her for a short while. She keeps glancing at the houses that pass by and seems to get sadder by the minute.

I wish there was some way that I could help you...

But I can't if you keep pushing me away...

I shake my head and look up just in time to see someone pull Katie in an alley. My mind freezes and I run towards her praying that she'll be alright.

I see a guy cornering her and two men behind him. All have knives with them. I pick up a block and yank back the man caging Katie. I hit his head hard with the block and push him into his buddies.

Then I grab her hand and run. I don't stop until I'm in front of her door.

She turns around and faces me. One word escapes her lips.

"Namjoon"

Suddenly I feel angry at her, but more at myself for not staying by her, for not fighting back and also at her for making me go away. I'm pent up with rage so I snatch her keys and open her door, pulling her inside with me.

I push her against the door and yell at her,"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DO!? FIRST YOU PUSH ME AWAY THEN YOU GO GET YOURSELF ALMOST RAPED BY THOSE MEN!? IF I HADN'T FOLLOWED I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!"

I stare into her gorgeous hazel eyes and am taken aback when she pulls me in a hug and starts crying on my shoulder. All my anger washes away. Now all I can think of is how to make her smile again and I hug her back tightly as I rest my face in her neck. Her hair smells like strawberries. I inhale deeply.

"Shh..It's okay.. don't cry,"I murmur while stroking her back.

"Stay,"she whispers in my ear.

I smile. I've never felt this happy since I left Korea to come here. I cup her face with both of my hands and look at her perfect face. How can anyone not be mesmerized by her.

"You never had to ask,"I say as I pull her again in a hug.

Normal POV

We stay like that for a while.

It's comforting to feel his heart beat in sync with mine, but we can't be like this forever so I try to move back but he's not letting go.

"Namjoon you can let go of me now,"I say, but he only pulls me closer and wraps his hands more firmly around my waist.

"What if I don't want to?" He says in his deep husky voice and I momentarily shiver at his intensity.
Damn this boy for making me go from comfortable to nervous in 0.5 seconds.

"Stop that!"I say.

"What?"he asks smirking.

I punch his arm and he lets go. "You know what Namjoon, stop teasing me."

"Sorry, sorry,"he says raising his hands in surrender mockinly.

I smile at him and he smiles back. Maybe we might not be so happy in the future and maybe letting him stay is the worst decision I've ever made, but right now at this moment, I couldn't care less.

Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying so far and I'm very sorry for any errors. Anyways I'll try to write sooner and hopefully end this book by this year.
Love y'all ❤

Xoxo