Chapter 9

Namjoon POV

I decide to check on Katie again. As I walk up the stairs I think about how frightened I was when she fainted. My heart literally stopped beating.

Aish! Why did she skip meals?

Is it her parents?

I wonder where they are..

Stupid girl..

Anemia said the doctor

I'm not leaving her till she's actually okay and maybe a little friendly towards me

Why do I care so much?!?

I poke my head through the door and I see she's awake.
"Morning, sleepy head,"I smile at her.
"How are you feeling?"
I can tell she's mad already cause she completely ignored my question.
"What the fuck happened!? Why does my head hurt like I probably banged it on the door a couple of hundred times!?"she yells and I feel hurt.
I ignore it and talk calmly.

"God chill! I'm the one that should be mad but I'm not. You fainted on your doorstep yesterday and I brought you in and got a doctor to see you. Seems like you have anemia. You've been skipping meals haven't you?"I ask concerned.

"I don't need to explain myself to anyone and especially to you,"she says coldly. My heart aches because of the bitterness in her voice.
I sigh."Fine just so you know I'll be staying here till you get better and to make sure you take the tablets given by the doctor. I already talked with the people I'm staying with and they're fine with it,"I say shaking my head.

"You don't get to decide that! You're not staying here and you can't make me do anything!!!!"she shouts at me. I can see the anger boiling up inside her.

How can you be so unkind!?!?!
Without thinking I push her hands down firmly on the bed and I notice her eyes widen. I let my lips touch her neck. Her skin is soft and warm. I can feel her heartbeat in sync with mine. I breathe slowly trying to take in her sweet scent and the way her skin feels on my lips.
"You're sure about that?" I murmur in her ear. Her body shudders and i feel myself more drawn to her. I move up to look into her eyes and for a moment I'm overcome with desire. My gaze travels down to her full plump lips and I have to bite my lip in order to stop it from trembling. I want to kiss those lips that say such cold words and feel them melt under my touch. But.. I can't... She's not mine and she hates me. My heart feels like its ripped in two as I stare into her deep luscious eyes. I see her blush under my gaze and I wish that she could show some love in her eyes for me even if as a friend I would be happy.

I get up and move towards the door. Before I go out I say,"I'll be waiting with breakfast downstairs and I'm staying whether you want me too or not..I-I really wish you would give me a chance to be your friend. I care for you and I just need you know that. OK?" I say slowly with hope but afraid of what I'll hear next.

She seems hesitant and then she just nods. I feel overjoyed and I smile at her as I leave the room.

Thank you for giving me a chance..

Even as a friend..

I wish that someday you'll know how much I care about you..

_________________________________

Normal POV

I get up and shower. I had been crying when he left..I was so mean to him and yet he was kind to me. I sign and then try to decide what to wear. I suddenly feel self conscious because of Namjoon.

This is ridiculous! Just put something on and go.

With what happened today, I just wanted to be the last thing on his mind.

Finally I decide to put on my gray oversized sweater plus my ripped jeans. I had to go the post office as well.

I go downstairs and smell fresh coffee and toast

I go downstairs and smell fresh coffee and toast. I smile. Despite bawling my eyes out earlier, I actually feel calm and relaxed. I sit down at the counter with Namjoon and he smiles at me. I feel my cheeks burn. Why does he have this effect on me?

We eat our toast and sip our coffee in silence.
"Why are you here?" I ask out of nowhere. That question has been at the back of my mind since I woke up.

He looks at me with so much care and affection that I almost start crying again at how much I must have hurt him the past week. He smiles.

"I care about you K. Even though you hate me and are cold towards me. Even if it rips my heart in two when I hear how you feel towards me. I will always care for you. You're my friend. You're the first student I met at school. The first to smile at me...sadly though you haven't smiled since then.. Am I that boring?" He jokes smiling sadly.

"I know you're hiding your pain behind that tough mask...I've seen the way you act around certain things and how you avoid certain topics...I just need you to know that whatever it is.. you can tell me and I will never judge you or question you..I know you're an amazing person who's just afraid of showing too many emotions because she's afraid of getting hurt...we all are but that's what life is about..you take risks and you get hurt but what matters is that you don't let it affect you in a negative way and you stand up and fight again..so... you mean a lot to me and I care and like you a lot and I really want us to be on good terms ...even as friends..." He says the last sentence hesitantly as if he's afraid.

"I'd love to be your friend Namjoon,"I say slowly hardly believing what I say yet knowing it to be true.

Soooo...this part gets a bit emotional. I hope you like it this far and I  hope to write much better in future. Pliz do vote and leave comments if you feel its worthwhile.
Love y'all

Xoxo