Chapter 3

I look at the time on my phone as I walk to school..7.30am..I would probably be late but who cares anyway.

For some reason I felt relieved..I didn't have to worry about my mum anymore..she had someone now. I might get to be just a kid again but I guess I'll find out after a month.

The bell rang as I entered the school gates. I'll have to report late in the office. I sign.
As I enter the office, my English teacher comes out from the principals office.
"Oh, good morning Katie,"he said smiling.
"Good morning sir", I replied with a smile.
"Since you are here I would like you to escort a new exchange student to your class. He is from Korea but his English is good so you won't have problem communicating,"he said while signing some documents.

As much as I didn't want to. I had to say yes so here I am out side the office waiting for Mr exchange to show up. I roll my eyes.

After a few minutes the door opens and he comes out. I don't know if its the sun or maybe lighting in the hall but...he has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen..they're deep brown and when he smiles, his eyes create small wrinkles at the corners...he has small dimples that make him look adorably cute..and his hair is silver that shine like crystals in the sun..he's smiling at me and my heart beat has probably escalated to a 1000 per second!! He's wearing black jeans, a white shirt and a leather jacket...he looks so unreal..Why do I feel this way?.. "I'm not supposed to be like this," I remind myself. Boys are trouble and nothing more...yet I find myself mesmerized by him...

He offers his hand as he greets me.
"Hello, I'm Kim Namjoon,"he said smiling while looking at me with those enchanting brown eyes.
"Hey, I'm Katie but just call me K,"I said while shaking his hand. Its soft but firm at the same time. I get a prickling sensation on my skin. I quickly stuffed my hand into my hoodie pocket.
"So.. You'll be having English with me first period. I'll explain things on the way so you'll know your way around,"I said as we walk to our class.
"Thanks so much..by the way why do you call yourself K?" he asked with curiosity and smiled at me again.
"Its shorter and much easier..besides I'm not fond of my real name.. Don't ask anymore,"I replied rather rudely even though I knew he had been trying to be nice.
"Oh..ok..I like it though, I used to be called RM at my old school cause I was in the school band. We all had different stage names but I guess I became Namjoon again once I came here..I like to be just Namjoon though. It doesn't make me feel like two different people..I can be myself you know?,"he asked quite softly. I don't know why but I felt like I could understand him. He wanted to be known by one name. He didn't care if it was RM or Namjoon, he just wanted people to know he was the same person and that a different name should not make him change who he truly is. I knew that but for me..my name reminded me of my past..I'm not that person anymore..for me Katie and K are two very different people.

"I know..believe me I do..so..you were in a band? What did you do? "I asked him thinking how was it possible for a person to be good looking, kind and talented at the same time.
"Well, I rapped but I sang a few times too..,"he said.
"Wait you're a rapper!? No way!," I exclaimed loudly. He laughed. My heart stopped..I realized how beautiful his voice actually was..it was deep and husky..the kind that gives you goosebumps.
"You're cute,"he said chuckling. "I hope we get to be good friends,"he said as he leaned in to hug me. I felt my heart race. I didn't like feeling this many emotions..they made me feel weak..I stiffened..he didn't seem to mind and kept smiling at me as he let go of me..we reached the class and I went to my usual seat at the back. He followed me and sat beside me..I noticed he was getting a lot of heart eyes from the girls..I rolled my eyes..not to mention I was getting death stares as well..sheesh its not like I told him to sit with me..I didn't really care. I just wanted this day to be over.

Pliz do leave comments and I hope you like thisvote if you think its worthwhile. Love y'all.

Xoxo