Chapter 17

"What is it?" I ask.
He pulls me away from his grasp so that he can face me. He looks unsure and scared.
"I-I wanted to tell you why I came to London..I feel like you deserve to know when you've already told me about your parents...so..I hope that after hearing this, it won't change our friendship with each other...," he looks at me pleadingly.
"Joon you can tell me..I'm sure it's much better than what I told you," I say holding his hands.

He takes a deep breath.

"Well..remember that I told you I was in a band..well we were seven members and we were also very close friends who loved music..," he pauses.

"We started singing and rapping cover songs and then later on we wrote our own..I was one of the boys who wrote the lyrics..We had a very bad boy image then and usually sang hip-hop songs...but I also wrote soft songs..songs about sadness, love and heartbreak..I used to sing sometimes too when I was alone...it used to be my secret...," he takes a deep breath.

"Our youngest member, Jungkook found my songs and told everyone else..He said that we should sing them and that I should sing as well...I was so nervous and I tried to decline it but they eventually made me...after recording the song, they were very enthusiastic..They all loved my song and I was relieved..I had thought they would have hated it but they didn't...We decided to sing it at one of our school dances...that was the worst dance in our school history..," he pauses again and seems to be taking deep breaths.

"Everyone criticised me..some of my other friends said I had disrespected hip-hop..They said I was a shame..people said they hated my singing..that it was not that good...I was beaten up that day by some other boys who said I didnt deserve to be a rapper..I was so disheartened and hurt..my group members dealt with those guys and tried to comfort me but I couldn't listen to them..All I could think of is what everyone else had said..I was afraid too so I left and came here..my friends didn't know about me coming here...I never said goodbye..I miss them and I wonder if they will ever be able to forgive me..," he has tears in his eyes now.

"People only wanted to see RM the rapper and not Namjoon...the guy who got sad and wrote emotional lyrics..They took that as a sign of being weak...and bullied me...I couldn't take it so I left...I was a coward, I know, but I was so scared and broken..I didn't know what else to do...I-I," he starts crying and it breaks me to see him this way..so broken and alone. He's just like me and I've been so blind. Curse those boys who bullied him! I wrap my hands around him and place his head on my shoulder while rubbing his back.
"Hey it's okay..I'm here for you and you're not a coward..you're really brave...and No matter what happens I will never judge you..," I whisper calmly into his ear.
He looks at me and his eyes are swollen red and puffy. I wipe his tears. "Yo-you're not mad or ashamed of me?" He asks in such a hurt way that I feel like crying too.
"No I'm not..I understand why you did what you did and I will always be here for you...but I need you to tell me something..," I say.
"What?" He asks.
"Do you love to rap and sing? Is it really something important to you?" I ask.
"Y-yess," he stutters.
"Than you shouldn't give up..I'm sure your friends saw something in your lyrics and voice that they told you to sing..They saw you as an amazing and irreplaceable person who has amazing abilities..people will hate, it's their job to..but it's up to you to find the ones who love despise all the hate..listen to them and keep moving forward..," I said looking at him.
"You're right..thank you Katie..I really don't know what I'd do without you..I will try not to let the negative comments get to me..," he says softly.
"Promise me something?" I ask.
"Anything," he says without hesitation.
"You'll go back and talk to them again..you'll sing and rap again..you'll achieve your dream..promise you will no matter what you have to leave," I say trying to hold back my tears.

He will have to leave..

He needs to..

I won't let him forget his dream for me..

"I promise," he says looking at me with a pained expression.

I sigh.

"Hey don't be sad, otherwise I'll have to have this pizza for myself," I say trying to lighten the mood.

He smiles. "Thank you," he says.

"For what?" I ask.

"For being this dorks friend," he says teasing.
"Finally something we can agree on,"I smirk.

We laugh and settle to enjoy our cold pizza.
"Hey you know what's weird?" He asks while taking a bite of pizza.
"What?" I ask.
"I still don't know your full name," he says scratching his head.
"Wait you really don't know?" I reply in surprise. I mean I haven't told him but I thought he must have heard it somewhere or something. And yeah people not knowing your friends full name is a pretty big thing, like why are you friends in the first place.

I laugh.
"Well why don't we start over?" I say.
"Hi, I'm Katie Valentine, nice to meet you," I say shaking his hand.
He smiles. God his dimples!
"Hi, I'm Kim Namjoon. Nice to meet you too," he replies.

"So now that we know each other, let's skip the formalities angel and finish this delicious pizza,"he says in a formal voice.
I laugh. "Sure thing."

After eating we lay on the blanket and admire the night sky. I tried to make out some of the constellations. I felt Namjoons hand intertwine with mine and I look at him smiling at me. His eyes reflect the light from the moon and his hair is almost iridescent.

I'm hopelessly in love with you..

I have been all along but only realized it today when I heard how broken he had been for so long. I was afraid of losing him.. Despite having so many problems, all he did was smile and try to make me happy. I would never forget that. I feel like myself again. I feel happy. I'm afraid too but I can live with being afraid than not being with him.

"Hey Katie?"

"Yeah?" I ask.

I turn to look at him while getting up in a sitting position. He seems to be debating whether or not he should say something.

"I love you."

Hey y'all 💜 hope you're all good! So this chpt gives a little insight in Namjoons life and I hope you like it and pliz don't forget to vote. I'll be updating as soon as I can and if u have any covers made for this, pliz do send them to me❤🌹 basically this is a bit of a filler too but anyways...
Love y'all ❤

Xoxo