~1~

Lukes POV

I wake up dreading today. I recently moved meaning I have to go to a new school. I hope I make at least one friend because out of all the schools I've been to I've never made a friend because guess who is a big nerd and weeb. This guy. I chuck on some random clothes and mess up my hair in an attempt to fix it. 

"Lukey, come down I made you some breakfast," 

"Coming," I yell back and walk downstairs. 

I look to see a stack of pancakes covered in whipped cream and some berries, "Mmm this looks good mum, thanks," I sit down and start to eat the still hot food. 

"So, are you excited about your first day at your new school?" My mum sits down across from me. 

"Yeah," I give a fake smile. A few minutes later I'm finished eating so I get up and walk to school. 

I slowly approach the school dragging my feet along the ground, dreading what today will bring me. When I get to the main quad I look around scoping out the type of people at this school. Cheerleaders, gossipers, emos, a few loners sprinkled around and the jocks, all pretty standard for a high school. I look closer at the group of jocks and one, whom I assume is the 'leader', looks quite handsome, definitely not gay, but I just can't help but stare at the abs that peak out from under his shirt. One of the other jocks notices me drooling over his friend and points me out and the whole group starts laughing. Fuck. The only thing I can do is just run, so I run to my first class, 10 minutes early. Walking in I'm surprised to see a few people already here, I go to just take a seat but one boy calls out to me, 

"Hi, you must be new, I'm Alexander but you can call me Zander, I like your Naruto shirt, come sit with me," This boy, Zander, speaks very quickly and overly happy, but he seems nice and knows about Naruto so I choose to sit next to him. 

"Hey, I'm Luke," I hold out my hand.

"Hi Luke, I'm Zander but I've already told you that. Anyway, I really like making new friends so do you want to sit with me and my friends at lunch?" This boy is really hyper but at least someone doesn't instantly hate me. 

"So, Zander, do you watch Naruto?" I ask. 

"No, but I have a friend who loves anime, so I know quite a bit about it," I need to be friends with that person. 

"What's this friends name?" I question. 

"His name is Jason," He answers. 

I think Jason will be my new best friend. "I need to meet him," I blurt out without thinking. I'm about to continue the conversation when the teacher comes in so we have to end our chatting. 

Class is over and Zander and I start heading to lunch to meet up with his other two friends. "Hey, Charlie, Jason," He greets his two friends. 

"Zander, you're finally here," the one who I assume is Charlie greets Zander. The other boy, who I assume is Jason, greets us with a head nod. 

"Who's your friend?" Charlie finally notices me. 

"Oh this is Luke, he's new here," Zander introduces me. 

"Yeah well, he can't be friends with us," Jason, finally speaks. 

"Yeah four people in a group is just way too many," Charlie continues. 

"Oh, ok bye Luke," Zander just goes and ignores me and starts talking to his friends. 

Fucking great, now I'm friendless. I knew this would happen. I walk to the oval kicking rocks and sticks as I drag my feet along the ground. I find a nice shady area under a big tree and pull out my sketchbook, drawing is one of my favourite ways to cope with loneliness as I can just become friends with the people and creatures I draw. Putting my pencil to the paper I start to sketch out a curvy girl with a kitten curled up in her lap, once I finish the drawing I admire my work, smiling. As I stare at the blank page, a shadow appears over my page. I look up and see I tall guy with messy charcoal hair, 

"Well, well, well, looks like we have some fresh meat," Another two boys, equally as muscular, come over.

"Yo, Kyle, what's this?" One says. 

"Looks like some fresh meat," The other answers rolling up his sleeves. 

The 'Kyle' guy yanks me up causing my sketchbook to fall to the ground, but before I can process anything else I am hit square in the face by his fist. While I'm dazed one of the other boys comes and shoves me causing me to fall to the ground, where I am faced by three sets of feet kicking at me. 

"That's good enough boys," Kyle says, walking away from me, the other boys follow him. 

I sit up, but it's painful, I grab my sketchbook and shove it into my bag. I get up and run away, well, try to run away with the amount of pain in my body. Luckily there is only 1 minute before the next classes start so I walk to my class and sit in a random seat and wait for the bell, the teacher and the rest of the class. 

The bell rings and the class forwards in followed by the teacher, "Since there is a new student here we'll need to rearrange the seating plan," 

This teacher sounds like a dick. A few kids groan, and some cheer at the teachers' announcement. The teacher puts us in our designated seats, luckily no one gets seated next to me. Or so I thought until Kyle walks into the class. 

"Kyle, why are you late?" the teacher asks not expecting an answer, this must happen a lot. 

Kyle just shrugs his shoulders. 

"Well, we have new seats so you'll sit next to the new kid, behave" The teacher points to the desk next to me.

Oh no.