~10~

Kyle's POV

My brain is trying to wrap around what Roy just said. He loves Dan but why? That fucker put him through hell and back, but he still likes him.

"Ky, let's go," I hear Luke whisper to me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I don't reply.

"Come on let's go, I don't think they want us here," He pulls at my hand.

"Bye Roy, bye Dan," he whispers dragging me out of the bathroom. 

"I can't believe Roy took him back," I say for the hundredth time pacing back and forth.

"Ky, sweet, are you mad at Roy?" Luke asks me.

I shrug and look away, "I don't know. Kind of, we agreed that Dan was a horrible person and he wouldn't go back to him and he went against me."

Luke rubs my arm, "just talk to him, I'm sure he has a valid reason."

I nod, "I'll talk to him but it's going to take a long time before I like Dan." 

Luke and I get back to his house where we are greeted by his mother.

"Oh hello boys, I was just doing some cleaning, you wouldn't mind helping me would you?"

Now I haven't known Lukes mum for a long time but I know I can't back out of this. "Sure," I skip happily over to her.

Lukes giggles echo through the room as his footsteps come closer.

"Thank you, we just have to dust everything and make it look neat." She hands me some cleaning supplies.
"Someone very special is coming over tonight," she adds. 

"Ooh who?" Luke says looking up from his sweeping.

"I'll tell you when they get here," she winks.

Luke and I give each other a look trying to telepathically figure out who this mystery person is or mystery people are. We go back to our cleaning, sweeping up, dusting off, straightening picture frames and just sprucing up the place. 

After an hour of labour, we all fall onto the couch and put on a random tv show.

"I have to start cooking, you two better behave yourself," Lukes mum says getting up.

I salute her and Luke agrees silently before we go back to watching tv. 

"You should really talk to Roy," Luke reminds me while playing with the hem of my shirt.

"Yeah, I'll send him a text now," 

Kyle- Hey I wanna talk about today, the stuff that happened with Dan. 

Roy- I can't tonight, some family stuff going on but tomorrow at school we can talk. I feel like I really need to explain myself. 

Kyle- It's all good bro. Good luck with the family stuff, I have some of my own going on at Lukes place lol.

I look down at Luke and explain what Roy said to me.

"You still going to have to talk to him. Do you know what you're going to say?" he asks.

I nod my head, "yeah I think so," ideas for what I'm going to say to him start brewing in my mind.  

There is a knock at the door and Luke and I just stare at it, not wanting to leave each other.

"Luke, darling can you get the door?" his mum calls from the kitchen.

"Fine," he drones on getting off of me.

I look up at him with puppy eyes not wanting him to leave, he chuckles and kisses my head before running off to the door. 

"Roy?"
"Luke?"
"Oh my god."

My ears perk up so I go and investigate.

"Roy? What on earth are you doing here?" I ask stepping closer to the door.

Someone clears their throat and I look up and see Roys dad. 

"Oh Maxwell, you're here," Lukes mum chimes in.

"Boys move out of the doorway, hi, sweetheart," she scoots us out of the way before giving Maxwell a hug.
And a not so friendly hug with their mouths.

Luke, Roy and I all give each other a look of shock, "dad," "mum," they both say simultaneously. 

Maxwell chuckles, "um, boys why don't we all come inside, we need to have a chat."

We all nod and walk into the living room, I take a seat on the single couch, Luke takes a seat on me, Roy sits on the floor, 'classic Roy' I sigh to myself, and the parents sit on the love seat. 

"So, um, Maxwell and I are engaged," Luke's mum breaks the silence.

"What?" Luke yells and gets up.

"It's true, I fell in love with your mum, Natasha, she is just amazing," Maxwell looks at her in awe. 

"Dad, why didn't you tell me about this?" Roy asks.

"Because it all happened so suddenly," he replies.

"So what? You got a girlfriend then proposed and didn't tell me anything," Roy raises his voice at his father, "I'm your son, I should be approving of these things,"

"You are not my son," Maxwell shouts storming out of the room, Natasha in tow. 

My gaze rests on the two boys in front of me, both are crying. I drop to the ground and pull them into a hug, rubbing soothing circles into each back. Roy keeps mumbling 'not my son' over and over again under his breath and it crushes my heart, I know about the awful relationship he and his father have. I hug Roy closer to me, he snuggles up to my chest and his sobbing turns to a few sniffles. 

I pull away from the two boys and look at them, they both have stopped crying but tears still stain their faces. I pull Luke up onto my lap and take Roy's hand into mine.

"Everything will be alright," I say in an attempt to clam them.

"No it won't," Roy snaps.

"He's right," Luke agrees.

"Luke, Roy get your asses over here right now!" Natasha yells.

We all get up to see what she wants but apparently Maxwell can see through walls because he adds, "Kyle you stay where you are." 

The two boys slowly walk into the dining room where the two adults reside.