~2~

Lukes POV

Kyle reluctantly sits down next to me. I look at him and give him a small smile to be friendly and to my surprise, he gives a small smile back. Our eyes make contact for a few seconds, his eyes captivate mine.

Kyles POV

Sir makes me sit next to that new kid, I think his name was Luke or something. I don't really care what his name was though, I only care that he is a great punching bag. As I sit next to him he gives me a small smile, his smile looks quite cute, wait what am I talking about I'm not gay. But I shoot him back a small smile, out of courtesy. 

I don't pay much attention in class, but that was a normal thing for me and the teachers just gave up trying to make me focus. I'm daydreaming about who knows what when someone jabs the side of me, I look and see Luke looking at me like I'm supposed to know something important.

"What?" I snap. 

Luke chuckles to himself, "We are partners for our English assignment," 

Goddamnit, I wish I was with a friend, now I have to give this boy my phone number.

"Ugh, can you just do everything, you're a nerd right," I smirk. 

He looks down with a pout, "Yeah, okay."

Lukes POV

The bell for the end of the day rings and everyone rushes out of class, including me because I need to get home and work on this assignment as quickly as I can because some sexy guy left me to do it all by myself. Walking along thinking about random things I am literally knocked out of my thoughts. Kyle and the boys, come up to me and shove me to the ground, Kyle starts kicking my ribs, "You better get me a good grade on the assignment," He spits. 

"Yeah, you homo," another one says, wait how did they know I was gay? 

The boys kick me a few more times before they run away. I get up and sling my bag over my shoulder as I run back home, in pain.

When I arrive home I try to rush into my room but my mum stops me,

"Hon, why are you late? And why do you have bruises on you?" She asks.

"It's nothing don't worry," I say running away from her and going up to my room. 

I close the door and work on my damn assignment because I'm worried about what will happen if I get a bad grade for Kyle. A few hours pass and I've finally finished most of it, but the rest Kyle needs to help me with. Fuck. I choose to just go to sleep and deal with talking to him tomorrow.

Kyles POV

I feel really bad for hurting Luke, not that I like him or anything. I also feel bad for making do the assignment, but I have to keep up my reputation. I lay awake thinking about all I've done to him and I've only known him for a day, I should apologise.

I get out of bed and get dressed and walk to school. While I'm walking I spot Luke walking, I walk up behind him, 

"Hey," I grunt.

He jumps at the sight of me, "Please don't hurt me," He begs. 

"It's okay I'm not going to hurt you, I just want to say sorry," 

He looks at me sceptically. 

"Look, I know I treated you like shit, please forgive me, I just need to keep up my reputation," I apologise to Luke. 

He doesn't reply but he hugs me, I accept the hug. I hear my friends, Roy and Chad, laughing, "What the fuck, why is that hugging you?" Roy asks. 

"I don't know," I act all tough and shove Luke away from me, "Get off me you creep." 

Luke looks up at me with puppy dog eyes. I give him an apologetic look as I push him to the ground and Chad kicks him. We walk away to school, I look back and see Luke getting up off the ground crying. Damnit I hurt him again. Well, what's done is done. I go back to joking with my friends as we walk into school.

Lukes POV

I walk to English class conflicted about how Kyle will act. I want him to like me and I think he does but then he doesn't at the same time. But I'll take all the time he needs to like me because I really like him, I mean how could you not, his ripped abs that show through the tight shirts he wears, the floofy dark brown hair and his sparkly green eyes, he was so hot. So maybe I didn't like his personality, but I cannot pass up his looks. 

Kyle walks into class and sits next to me, I look up and give him a quick smile. 

"I'm going to be nice and let everyone work on their assignments during this class," The teacher snaps me out of my thoughts.

I turn to Kyle, "So I've done pretty much everything, you just have to answer this one question," I pass him a few papers. 

"Okay, and is there anything else that needs to be done?" He asks caringly.

"Um no, I got it all done yesterday," I respond. He gets to work and I stare at him the entire time. 

About 20 minutes later he sits up, "I think I'm done," He hands me all the work he's done. 

"Thanks," I take it off him and shove it into my bag. 

"Uh so, since we are finished can we talk," He asks shyly. 

"Sure, what do you want to talk about?" I ask. 

"I want to get to know you," He says. 

Until the end of class, we share random information about ourselves. 

The bell rings and we get up to go to lunch, "Hey, can I have your number?" He stops me to pull out his phone. 

I agree and I take it, entering my phone number and make my contact name, 'ur future lover xx'. I'm not sure what came over me but I decided to be bold. 

He takes his phone back and looks at my contact name, he blushes and put his phone away, without changing it like I thought he would. 

"I'm keeping it like that," He winks and runs to his friends.