~12~

Kyle's POV

I tell them everything. Everything that Roy's dad has done. Everything that happened just an hour ago. Everything. The investigators pen scribbles across the page as he nods and takes in my information. 

Without realising, tears are streaming down my face. Soon after I start shaking. 

"Kid, stop crying, it'll be okay," the investigator walks around to my side of the table, rubbing my back. 

"What's going to happen to me and my friends?" My voice comes out unsteady. 

"I'm not sure yet, all I know is that your friends' parents will have a trial in court and a social worker will have a chat to you about what you want to do," he explains. 

A few hours pass while I've been talking to investigators and police officers. 

A lady walks into the room, "Hi, Kyle, I'm Stephanie. I'm a social worker, I'll be helping you and your friends with this whole situation." 

She has a chat with one of the investigators before turning around to face me, "Okay, Kiddo, let's go see your friends," she, says leading me out of the police station.  

There they are, my best friend and beautiful boyfriend, resting peacefully on hospital beds. They're covered in bandages and scratches, my heart clenches at the sight. I carefully walk over to Lukes bed, his eyes are closed and small breaths escape from his slightly parted lips. 

"Hey, honey, can you wake up for me," I run my hand through his hair. His eyes refuse to open, I leave him to sleep and walk over to Roy. 

He looks so peaceful like all his worries have gone away. "Hey Roy, how you feeling," I whisper, gently stroking his face. 

His eyes flutter open, "Hi," his voice is croaky. 

"How are you feeling?" I ask, caring tone laces my voice. 

"Everything hurts, I just want to go home," He whines. 

"I know, bro. You'll be better soon and then we'll get out of here," I reassure him. 

"Kyle," A faint voice echos from the other side of the room. 

"Luke, baby, are you alright," I rush to his side.  

He shakes his head, "I'm sore." He whines.

I litter his face with kisses, "you'll get better soon, you just need to rest." 

Someone shakes my shoulder, making me wake up. 

"Kyle, we need to discuss your living arrangements." Stephanie looks down at me. 

I nod getting up from the chair, "Bye Luke," I kiss him on his forehead. 

"Bye Roy," I ruffle his hair making him swat my hands away. 

Stephanie leads me to her car, we get in and buckle up. 

"This must be really hard for you, huh?" She breaks the silence. 

I nod, "yeah, it was really scary, what happened that night, and now my friends are hurt," My gaze makes its way out the window. 

"It's going to be okay in the end, even if there is a rocky road to start," she reassures me. I nod, silently thanking her.

"Here we are," she slams the car door. 

I get out of the car closing my door carefully. A small grey building is in front of us, rusted metal blocks the windows and lights flicker on the outside. 

"This will be you and your friends' new home until you turn 18," she explains, leading me to the entrance. 

A petite pale boy is sitting on the couch engrossed in a book. Sitting opposite him, another boy who is vastly different from the first, clad in a tight muscle tank and basketball shorts that show off his muscles.

"Jacob, Steel, this is Kyle. Kyle this is Jacob and Steel," Stephanie introduces me to the two boys. 

"Hey Kyle," Steel gets up to pull me into a bro hug. 

"Welcome," Jacob glances up from his book, giving me a small wave. 

"Two more boys live here, they are probably just in their rooms doing things, I'll introduce them at dinner," she explains while we walk to my new room. 

We walk through a corridor of many doors. The one we stop at is plain white, sticking out amongst the decorated doors we previously passed. 

"You and Luke will have this room and Roy's will be next door," She pushes open the door to reveal a cosy-looking bedroom. 

Half the room is full of my sports gear and other belongings, and the other half is Lukes art stuff, video games and other nerdy things he owns. 

I gaze around the room in awe. 

"You like it?" Steph asks, breaking me out of my thoughts. 

"Yeah, it's amazing," I say stepping further in. 

"I'm glad. I've got to get going now, I'll be back at dinner time, get yourself acquainted with everything and everyone. Bye Kyle," She says leaving me alone in my new room. 

I let my body fall into the soft blankets that coat my bed. I let out a tired yawn as my eyes slowly close.