CHAPTER THIRTEEN

A/N: I'm honestly surprised I got this chapter done surprisingly fast. Ya'll didn't have to wait a month like the last one. :P Thanks for all those who reviewed/favorite/followed Mine to Take.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

By noon, Boruto had finished his list of odd jobs around the village and decided to catch lunch with his teammates Sarada and Mitsuki. They headed down to Thunder Burger for lunch. As they walked down the busy streets of Konoha, Boruto noticed how fast the village was coming along after the destruction. A small, relieved smile graced his lips.

"You're less irritable than usual today." Sarada said.

"What? No, I'm not."

She smirked. "By any chance, did something happen between you and Yuna?"

Boruto stiffened.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't play dumb," she said. "Chōchō and I both saw you; Yuna came out of your house."

Oh, that time!

"It's nothing like that."

"You could have just told us that you're going out with her." Sarada said. "We're close friends, aren't we?" She pursed her lips.

"You're getting it all wrong." he said. "My mom dropped her apples on the road and Yuna just happened to be there at the time and offered to help. After that, she invited her into the house."

"Oh, that's all?" Sarada sighed. "I'm disappointed...I was so excited these past couple of days thinking about it."

"You are different when she's around," Mitsuki spoke up. "Whenever she's near, you seem...content."

Boruto didn't want to admit it, but it was true. The air changed in the room when she starts doing what she does. It's so honest and so pure and so powerful; like a superpower that she can just unlock and do so specifically with not many attempts.

Sarada giggled and shook her head. "See, even Mitsuki see's it."

Boruto rolled his eyes. "If the two of you are gonna make fun of me, go home."

~MINE TO TAKE~

"It's your turn. Are you going to move yet," muttered the lazy genius, staring at the shogi board.

"Ehhh...gimme a little more time," his opponent pleaded, holding up her hand. Biting her lip, Yuna glared at the pieces with narrowed eyes.

In the booth across from her, Shikadai's teal eyes rolled slightly. Resting his chin on his hand the young Nara heir mumbled, "Troublesome."

"I'm almost there, Shika...honestly!" Yuna insisted, hand poised inches from moving a likely piece.

"Before I fall asleep?" Shikadai quipped, though there was no bite to his words. Secretly he enjoyed seeing that nonplussed innocent look on the dark-haired kunoichi's face. How the teal eyes focused intently on the pattern of pieces. Alternatively, the way in which Yuna's nose wrinkled slightly when she frowned. However, he enjoyed it far more when she smiled; like sunshine on a cloudy day.

"Hold your horses. I'll move soon! You told me to make sure I had a plan in mind right?" Yuna grumbled.

Shikadai's eyes narrowed as Ryōgi leaned over to Yuna, and smilingly whispered something in her ear.

Yuna's eyes widened slightly and she smirked mischievously.

"Oi, don't help her."

"Sorry, sorry." Ryōgi smiled, holding his hands up like he's threatening him at gunpoint.