CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

A/N: Hey everyone! Welcome back to another installment of Mine to Take. :) I'm working hard to push these chapters out for you all. I really hope you're enjoying it. Please let me know if you are by reviewing, I would appreciate it.

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

After numerous attempts, Boruto finally lured Yuna out of the apartment to come eat dinner with her family. She was trying to grasp onto the positive, but memories of what she'd been through would inevitably drag her back down. She didn't want to leave the house. She didn't want to come face-to-face with the world that had maimed her.

She could barely manage to get farther than the grocery store these days.

Instead of venturing out and trying to start over, Yuna turned her attentions to the apartment. She cooked every night. She ordered decor online, determined to bring a piece of herself into the space that previously had been dominated by Boruto's simple minimalist world. Boruto didn't argue. He seemed content that she was getting up and around, even if she refused to leave the house for more than short trips. Even with Ryōgi in toe, she felt uneasy.

She tried to start painting rooms, but Boruto wouldn't let her, afraid the physical effort would upset the healing she'd already done. But despite his fussing, she was better. She still felt the pain, but she was better. The garish red wounds had faded slightly. Not enough to blend in, but the Sakura promised her in time that they would. Her skin tone would be forgiving. She had to take solace in the small things.

As they walked down the dirt path that led them to her parents house, Yuna was aware that she was looking over her shoulder. She didn't know if her paranoia had taken over or if someone really was watching her. Boruto's hand touched the small of her back, a reminder of his constant support.

They walked up the brick pathway to the main entrance and slowed to a stop. Yuna heard voices, and they seemed familiar.

Her heart beat heavily in her chest. "Boruto-kun..."

Opening the door, she saw faces she knew and greeted her from inside. They smiled broadly. "Surprise!"

She laughed, not entirely sure yet what the surprise consisted of. "What is all this?"

The entire family room was filled with balloons, streamers, and an assortment of food.

Boruto raised her hand to his lips and kissed her knuckles as they walk into the living room to a sudden, spontaneous, and deafening round of applause.

Yuna scanned the room quickly: both her parents, Inojin with Himawari, Naruto and his wife, Hinata. There's Shikadai and Chōchō along with Sarada and Mitsuki. Denki, Iwabe and Metal—Himawari's bitchy friend and teammate Ayumi.

She looked to Boruto.

"Do you want to tell me what this is all about?"

Sarada beat him to the punch. "Boruto accidentally let it slip about the engagement. I'm so happy for you two. Congratulations."

Sarada was the first up to hug Yuna and Boruto, and they all take turns congratulating them. She clutched her mother in a fierce hug.

"I'm so proud of you, honey. You're going to make Boruto a very happy man."

Oh, mom!

Boruto was behind her. He shook her father's hand before he was pulled into a hug. She could only just catch what he said.

"Way to go, son," he murmured. Boruto said nothing, for once stunned into silence, then warmly returned her father's hug.

"Thanks, Masaru."