CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

A/N: Woo! This chapter is done at last. I made sure to make it extra long, just for you all. Thanks for all the feedback, follows and favorites. It's very much appreciated. Please, please keep it coming. As always, it gives me so much motivation to continue. :)

Rated M for mature. :) Enjoy. :P

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Yuna plodded tiredly through the large village gates of Konoha, her sandaled feet falling heavy. Though she had been avoiding it since she was informed of their impending arrival, Yuna still had one place to visit, and she was not looking forward to the experience in the slightest. But it needed to be done.

The trees were swaying gently in the autumn breeze that day, and the air was crisp but warm enough that the exertion of the walk kept her comfortable.

Taking out her trusty novel, she began walking down the street, enjoying the good story, and temporarily preoccupy her mind.

As much as Yuna was enjoying her book, considering she hadn't been able to focus enough to read much lately, she was still not as oblivious as to the shouting ahead go unnoticed as she walked down the street towards the Hokage's office.

"I swear I had nothing to do with this, I'm innocent!"

Yuna's gaze drifted to the scene in front of Konoha's Water Purification Plant and slowed to a stop as two members from the police force detained the emotional man.

Replacing the orange jacketed book safely in her kunai pouch, the kunoichi ambled over to Boruto, who was standing amongst a group of lingering spectators.

"Hi," she murmured.

"Hi." He put his arm around her waist, pulling her to him, and she slipped her hand into the back pocket of his pants. They gazed at the scene before them.

"What's going on?"

"They're saying he poisoned Konoha's whole water system," he replied.

Yuna gasped.

"That's horrible. Why would he do such a thing?"

"No one knows," he said. "Though he's claiming to have no recollection of ever doing it."

No recollection? She peeked up at Boruto and he was staring down at her, warily.

It's clear he's thinking the same thing as her. She herself had apparently experienced the same thing as this man. Then bile rose to her throat at the suspected person. Rapidly, she dismissed them from her head. Don't go there, Yuna!

"I swear, I didn't do it! I love this village and its people!" The man cried as they hauled him away.

The two shinobi watched in silence until they were no longer in sight. Boruto turned to Yuna and scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "So, about yesterday..."

Yuna gazed at Boruto and furrowed her brow. "Are you apologizing?"

"No," he said quickly, with a nervous glance at her. "I mean...did you want me to?"

She shook her head.

"No. I actually liked it...alot." She confessed, blushing.

"Good." There's a trace of humor lurking in his eyes.

As Yuna was about to stretch up on tiptoes to kiss him, an ANBU in full uniform suddenly dropped from the rooftops to the ground in front of them.

"Yuna Katayama, your presence is required at the Hokage tower immediately," the anonymous man said from behind the red and white bird mask.