CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

A/N: Sorry for the wait everyone. This was a tough chapter for me to write for some reason, but inspiration had hit and the words just flowed. Thanks for all those who've reviewed/followed/favorite Mint to Take. More to come. :) Please don't forget to drop a review. I love to hear what you all have to think.

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

"Eh?" Yuna whined from her spot on Boruto's bed. She watched as he packed his overnight bag for the mission he himself was about to head out for. "No fair. How come you get to go on some top secret mission? I want to go to..."

"You probably would be going if your family wasn't in town," he said.

Yuna rolled her eyes. "Lame..." she muttered. "What are you going to be doing on this mission anyway?"

A smirk formed on his lips. "I already told you, its classified."

"Don't be mean," She pouted her bottom lip a little. "I'm going to be bored without you."

Boruto smiled and kissed her. "Don't pout. This mission is going to be a piece of cake. Trust me, you're not missing out on anything exciting."

He glanced to the orange book lying beside her. "Besides," he added. "you'll have your smut books to occupy you while I'm away."

"How dare you talk about Icha Icha like that?" Yuna feigned an offended expression, but he could hear her amusement. "Icha Icha can be very educational when it comes to swooning women I'll have you know."

"You're out of your mind."

"A little, but that's why you love me." She winked. Reluctantly, Yuna got up off the bed and moved toward the door. "Be safe and bring me back something nice."

~MINE TO TAKE~

As soon as she left the Uzumaki residence, Yuna flipped open her book and was soon engrossed in another world. She was just aware enough to notice a presence lingering behind her.

Yuna turned into a nearby alleyway. The presence followed. Even then Yuna didn't lower her book until she heard a familiar feminine voice.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here."

No, no this was NOT happening. She prayed that her ears were playing tricks on her and it was in fact Sarada or some other female friend standing across from her, but even as she slowly lowered the book from in front of her face and turned, she knew exactly what she would find.

The purple eyed girl stood across from her, arms crossed, and a cruel smirk on her lips.

"Look at you," she scoffed, "Your nose is always in a fucking book. Whatcha reading? Some sappy romance?"

"Maybe," Yuna ground out, reading the same sentence for the fifteenth time as Mika continued to break her concentration over and over.

Mika ripped the book from her hands and flipped through the pages with wide, scanning eyes.

"This is dirty porn," she exclaimed, a mischievous grin forming on her lips. "Is that it Yuna? Do you like books better than the real thing?"

"It's not porn," she answered shortly, giving her only a minimal answer to appease her since she knew ignoring her wouldn't make her go away.

"You sure about that?" the woman cackled. "I think that the books are all the action you're getting and that's why you read them so much. You're beyond deprived!"

Yuna's brow furrowed in anger. How the hell had she come up with a hypothesis like that? She had no right to go sticking her nose in her business anyways.