Chapter 6

As I lay down, I worried. They were probably going to ask me about the person I care about. I recited the vow I made when I left for the first time.

(Flashback Timeee)

I looked deep into her stormy grey eyes.

"You don't have to do this."Her voice was shaky. "I  don't want you to do this. Please, don't do this for me."  She pleaded.

"Hey, it won't be that bad. I'll see you soon. Look, I promise, whatever I have to do. I  will protect you. No matter what it takes, I'll do it okay. Through every day, every night till the end of my life I will protect you. For us. Okay?"

She gave me a faint smile.  "Through every day, through every night, till the end of my life. For us. Hmm, maybe that vow will be our always."

I laughed and then she laughed.

The memory faded. "Through every day, through every night, till the end of my life. For us." I whispered.  

I quickly fell asleep, It was a long day.

When I woke, it was just sunrise. I sighed. The others were probably not here, this has to be a base of some sort. I tiptoed out of my room I walked to where the door was. I was tempted to just leave, but at the moment I just needed some fresh air. I walked and I slammed into someone.

"GAH!" I yelled. 

"Alv-Orion?" I asked hopefully; Orion was a vanisher in the Neverseen.

"Who's Orion?" A face appeared in front of me. I recognized it as Biana Vacker's.

I sighed in frustration, "Orion is a vanisher who works for the neverseen."

"Oh."

"What are you doing here? It's kind of early?"

"I'm on babysitting duty,  we don't want you getting out of here. Do you want to eat, I brought some food."

I nodded. 

We just sat in silence. Until the rest of the group came in.

"Can we just get this over with? Ask me your questions already." I snapped. 

Tam glared at me. "Fine, the first question have you ever had to kill someone?" He said, mockingly.

"I've shot and killed two people and set three people's house on fire," I said without hesitation.

The whole group paled.

"How?" I heard someone whisper.

 " I have rules, one I never hesitate, two remember the vow, and three kindness is a weakness. That's how I kill, that how I survive."

Linh looked up at me, "Who is it?"

"Who?"

"The person you're protecting."

I steadied myself on the table. "The only friend I've ever had."

"We can sa-"Sophie began but I cut her off.

"You can't save her, or help, she's with the Neverseen, under their watch. Besides, I don't want you near her."

Dexter put his hand on my shoulder. "Look if you trust us we can help,  but you need to cooperate."

I shook my head. "Trust is a weakness I can't afford." And took his hand off my shoulder.

"Look," Keefe said. "I was in your place, I know how you feel now, but you need to trust us. Trust is the only strength you need right now."

This made me mad. "MY PLACE!MY PLACE! I'm a human, you're an elf. I had to watch as they tortured my best friend, my only friend, because of my failure. Did elves come to your house in the middle of the night because they were bored and need a punching bag? Were you burned with quintessence because your thoughts weren't quiet enough? I was beaten, and burned, and tortured because I was human. So don't you dare say you understand, because you don't. They didn't put you through anything, whatever you had to do, would have been the best thing they had me do. They slacked off because of your status, because of who your parents are. So don't compare yourself to me." 

By now I was shaking, and my face was wet with tears.

Calm. A voice said in my head, suddenly I felt really drowsy, then as soon as I sat down, I passed 

(3rd POV)

"What are we going to do?" Bianca whispered. A few tears 

Fitz looked at Sophie, "Should-Should we search her memories?"

Linh shook her head. "She already doesn't trust us. We'd lose any chance of her trust." Her tone was firm.

Tam sighed. "You're right. But we can't trust her, she's probably going to try and smuggle information out of us." 

"I mean we could just not tell her that we searched her memories," Fitz suggested, but the hesitation was clear in his voice.

"It's Sophie's call, she found Ez in the first place," Keefe added.

Sophie looked up. "My decision is-"

HAHAHA cliffhanger, what do you think Sophie should choose?? tell meeee pls long chapter whoop almost 780 words, 

see ya 

-neshyyy