The Trade

As I lay down, I anticipated what would happen at the Trade tomorrow. I shivered as an unknown feeling seeped in my heart.

Fear.

I was scared, of what would happen, what they would do to me when I got back. You'll be fine, you'll get to see Ever. (A/N Ever is the name of Ez's friend, Ember is a nickname,) Ever is safe, that's all that matters now. 

Soon enough darkness engulfed me and I fell into sleep.

---

I woke up groggily. Time to go back to the Neverseen. I can't exactly say I was excited. I left the room silently, deep in thought.

Remember your rules, I reminded myself, I can't care, I can't.

I won't care.

"You doing okay?" Keefe asked me when I entered the kitchen. "The others are on there way, but I came early, to check on you."

I shrugged. "I'm fine, it's good that things are going back to the way they used to be."

"You aren't wearing your sweatshirt." I could tell he was confused. I always wore my sweatshirt.

"It's showing strength, for the Trade. So... I don't really knowhow to explain this." I knew how to explain it, but I didn't want him to know.

"You know I'm an Empath right." He added gently.

"I know you like Sophie. It's way to obvious."

This caused a extreme blush to rise on his cheeks. "How did you-How?"

"The way you look at her and your mom told me."

"You really never do hesitate." He said bluntly, but I detected bitterness in his voice.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He looked away, "I mean, most people would hesitate, or maybe even avoid talking about my mom. It's a-a tender subject."

"I know." I know a lot. I added in my head.

The others came in a few seconds later.

"Where's this trade going to take place?" I asked.

"You don't need to know that." Tam said bitterly, I wouldn't blame him. I was the reason Linh was gone. I was the reason Ever was in danger.

"Don't take this to well, but...You guys weren't that bad. Thanks for not, you know what I mean."

Keefe put his hand over his hard. "Unbelievable did-did you just give us a...Compliment?" 

I shrugged it off, "Can we just leave now?"

When we made it their Tam kept a death grip on my arm.

"We were starting to worry you wouldn't make it. But I'm glad you did, we missed our little punching bag." A familiar voice sneered.

Ruy Ignis. Ugh, yay. 

"Give. Me. My. Sister.  Then you can have her." Tam sneered back.

He laughed then threw Linh- wait, there was another person. Why'd he give us two people? 

My thoughts were cut off when Tam shoved me forward.

Ruy smiled wickedly, "The other person is a little gift we brought."

Sophie helped the other one up."Ez." I heard a faint whisper., no it can't be.

I turned towards the 'gift' pulling off their hood. 

It was Ever.

"No, they can't have her." I looked to Ruy who just laughed.

"You can't do anything human. Now come." 

"No! Please, I'm-I'm begging you. Please. Don't let them take her."

He pulled me in towards him, "Here's your mission, break Foster's little group. Break their trust."

Then he pushed me away. "Goodbye!" And they disappeared.

"Ember." I whispered. 

I engulfed her in a hug. "Are you okay? They didn't hurt you right? Right?" I was shaking, tears streaming down my face.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. You shouldn't be doing this. I'm fine." She lifted my chin to meet her eyes. "We're going to be okay." 

I shook my head, "I was supposed to keep you safe. Now you're here. With them." 

Someone cleared their throat. 

"We need to go guys." Fitz said gently.

I nodded, gripping Ever's hand like it was the only thing in the world I had left. And it was.

"So," Fitz began. "We should probably do introductions, I'm Fitz. And."

The others looked up.

"I'm Linh and this is my twin brother Tam."

Tam gave a grunt of acknowledgment.

"I'm Sophie."

"I'm Dex." 

"I'm Keefe Sencen."

"I'm Bianca."

Ever looked at me. I shook my head.

"You can call me Ember."She finally whispered.

I glared them down with a look that clearly said Stay-Away.

"So Ember-" I cut Dex off.

"We need to get her out of here as soon as possible."

"Speaking of that, well, we are erm, we going to move you two candleshade. It's better there."

Rage flooded my mind. "Ember is NOT STAYING HERE, YOU ARE GOING TO HELP ME GET HER OUT OF HERE OR SO HELP ME-" 

Ever looked at me. "Ez, I don't want to leave you again, you need to rest."

"Fine, we'll settle this tomorrow."

I passed out as soon I sat down. 

I.

Am.

Hopeless.

A/N WHatcha THINK?????? Do you like Ever? Hmmm. Any ships? MMMM. Please tell me. Pweasse

-Neshie