Chapter 8

My stomach growled.

Dext-Dex laughed. "Thought you were hungry. Here's some more food."

Before I could eat, Tam burst through the door. "WHERE IS SHE?" He shook me, knocking me over.

"What's going on?" Dex tried to steady Tam.

"They took her, they took Linh." Tam turned to me. "Where is she?"

I stood up. "I don't know, but she's probably with my friend."

Tam grabbed my hand. "We need to go."

Dex stood in front of the door. "You can't just leave. Where are you taking her?"

Tam hesitated before saying, "They offered me a deal, Linh for her. The others won't like this, please Dex, I need my sister." 

I knew that look, they offered him something else. They wanted a double agent. They offered him a job. 

I looked at Tam, "If I don't go will you take it. If you do both, she's safe for the rest of her life. But at what cost?"

Tam stepped back. "Call the others Dex."

Dex looked confused but obliged.

In the blink of an eye, we were sitting down. Tam began speaking.

"I was in Atlantis when someone handed me a note. It said 'If you want her back give us our human."

Keefe looked at me. "Are you really that good, do they need you that much?"

I nodded. "I can live with guilt, and, I can do things they can't. I can blend in with the human world. And I'm a 'feisty little punching bag'" I said bitterly.

"What if we make an illusion?" Fitz suggested.

"Just let it happen, I'll be fine, and they probably just want to relay a message. Tell me something."

Sophie leaned forward, "If we let you go, would you continue working for them?"

"What choice do I have, and it pays off."

"I say we do it," Fitzroy added. "We can't just leave Linh."

To make a long story short , they agreed.

I know its short buttt ahhh what did u think?

ve