She's Broken

(3rd POV)

"She's so stubborn. Why can't Ez just accept our help?" Fitz grumbled.

The others looked at each other worriedly. 

"Maybe she doesn't need our help?" Dex trusted her. He knew Ez could handle herself. 

"Are you kidding, have you seen her arms? If she would just let us in we could help." Keefe couldn't stand to even think of the Neverseen after what she told him. That he didn't under stand, that he was different, that he had it easy.

"Ez is Broken." The others looked up. It was Ember. "Ez is a broken human being, don't talk about her like she's an object that needs fixing. Ez doesn't let people in. She chooses who will hurt her the least."

"So, can you fix her?" Linh asked Ember.

"No, she avoids talking about the Neverseen, or her past at all costs. Ez will fix her by herself."

"I think we should search her memories. Where is Ez anyway?" Fitz asked.

"She's sleeping. If you search her memories, I'm going to tell her. It's your call though." Ember ept her guard up, she didn't want her friend to get hurt." 

"Forster, maybe-maybe we should." Keefe told Sophie.

Ember slammed her fist down. "You guy's aren't getting my point! Ez is...Ez is intimidating and fearless. And she scares people away because she's not sugar and spice and everything nice. But fire and lightning and strong. People see her and they see raging winds and smoldering flames, and they think she's strong and powerful. But in reality-in reality she's just a scared little girl who can't trust anyone but herself. She's going to knock her self down. Ez, for Ez, her walls, her loneliness. Are really the only thing she trusts."

"But she trusts you?"

This made Ember stop, "Why she trusts me, is because I-I don't really know what I did. Ez doesn't talk about these things."

"I'm going to search her memories." Sophie announced 

BAM PLOT TWIST HAHAHAH Whatcha think, comment and vote byeeee I hope u enjoyed this chapterr