Chapter 2: Look, I Gotta Talk to You.

Hunter's POV:

I can't believe someone thought I wasn't invisible. Ashlynn was kind and generous. She would even stand up for you. I started to walk on the bus when someone pulled my arm. "Hey." I turned around and saw Ashlynn pushing bangs out of her face. "Um... Hunter. Sorry I about shutting you out earlier. I was scared. Here. Read this when you get home." Ashlynn held my hand and put something inside. Then, she quickly walked away like nothing happened.

When I got home, I when up to my room and put on my pj's.Then I went downstairs to the kitchen and made myself dinner. Why? Because when I go to school, my parents are still in bed and when I'm in bed, my parents are at work.

I was gonna order some pizza, but I wasn't in the zone, so I ate some cereal. I turned on the tv and watched some episodes of Ridiculousness. When I finished my bowl, I went into the kitchen and remembered the note Ashlynn gave me. I ran upstairs and shoved things in my backpack around. I couldn't find the note. I looked for my sweater and and checked in the pockets. I pulled out a note and read it to myself.

"Thanks for understanding. I really hope we can be friends. Is that fine with you? I hope it is, cause I have no friends, since I'm new. See ya tomorrow. Here's my number: (860)-513-8974. Call me. (^-^) - xoxo Ashlynn ♡"

I ran downstairs with my phone and jumped on the couch. I dialed the number and waited for Ashlynn to answer. "Hello?" I walked into dinning room and sat in a chair. "Um... hey, Ash." I said while hesitating. "Oh, hi Hunter! You read the note. Good. So, I really hope you understand. I just had to clam down. You know."

I smiled and sighed in the chair. "Ya. So, wanna be friends? I don't have any." I asked. There was silence for a few minutes and there was a knock at the door. "Hold on, Ashlynn. Somebody is at the door." I walked over to the door and opened it. "Hi, Hunter." It was Ashlynn. She pointed to her phone and hanged up. I jumped and smiled. I put my phone in my shirt pocket and let Ashlynn in.

"How do you know where I live?" I asked. Ashlynn sat on the couch and smiled. "Well, when I was in my mom's car heading home today, I happened to see you walking home after you got off the bus. I saw what house you went in and wanted to stop by."

I nodded my head and looked at my clothes. I was in my pajamas! "Also, what's up with um..."Ashlynn pointed to my pj's. I was wearing a green shirt with some race car pants. They were really comfy. "Uh... you know. Just chillaxing. I guess?" Ashlynn laughed and rested her arm on the couch's ledge. I moved my hand and touched Ashlynn's hand by mistake.

"Hehe. Hunter, if you like me... just admit it. I'm not scary." Ashlynn put both her hands on my hand and blushed. I looked to the side and out the window. "Well... I mean, were just friends... right?" Ashlynn sighed and let go of my hand. "Forget about it. Let's just watch some tv." Ashlynn turned on the news and I fainted. Literally.

Five minutes later I woke up from a kiss on the cheek. Ashlynn kissed me on the cheek. "Mmm. What happened?" Ashlynn layed me down on the couch, put a pillow under my head, and an ice pack on my forehead. "You fainted because, your mom got in a crash." Ashlynn tried to say in the calmest way.

A tear fell from my eye as I started to remember what had happened. "I don't understand." I sat up and wiped my tear. "Do you want my mom to bring you to the hospital, so you can see your mom? I could come with you." I nodded and ran upstairs. Ashlynn just sat on the couch and texted her mom.

I came downstairs with a pair of blue jeans and a I just left my pajama shirt on. "Well, now that you're dressed, we can just walk to my house and my mom can drop us off." Ashlynn said like a genius.

Ashlynn's POV:

I've been waiting for Hunter to call all day. Hopefully he didn't blow me off. He's different from other boys, and I just have to understand why he's so different.

While waiting for Hunter, I decided to work on my songs. (guys, this is actually a song I wrote in one of my notebooks, so please don't copy this part. Thanks!)

"Just leave me here. On my own (on my own) I can't believe I let us come to this. In my heart, I know. That I want to see you. But now, (but now) I don't know..."

My phone was ringing and interrupted me, I was excitedly thinking it was Hunter. "Hello?" I said. My head about to explode with excitement. "Hey, Ashlynn! Its Hunter, from school." I screamed (silently) and went downstairs. "I'm so glad that you read the note. Most boys don't even take it for granted..."

I sighed and made some adjustments to my song. "Well, I read the note! I'm not like those other guys, Ash. I'm... me." I bright light shot over my head and I took my notebook and pencil. I ran out of my house and down the street to Hunter's, still talking to him. "So, do you wanna be friends? I don't have any." Hunter asked so kindly, it made me blush.

I stayed silent, so Hunter wouldn't here me, then I rang the doorbell. Hunter opened the door and almost dropped his phone. I hanged up and put my phone in my skirt pocket. "Hi, Hunter. Can I come in?" Hunter moved out the way, and I sat on the couch. I opened up my notebook and turned to the page I was working on.

"What's that?" Hunter asked. "Oh, just a song I'm working on. I just started it." Hunter looked over my shoulder and read it quietly. "Your song is called, Fire in my Heart? Cool." Hunter was so nice. Most people would just be like, "oh why do you call it that?" or "did some boy break up with you?" It would get me so mad.

"Thanks. I worked really hard on it. It's actually the fifth song I'm working on. See, I have Tell Me, Fly in the Sky, and I'll Be Fine." (these are actual songs I wrote. (^-^)

I put away my songbook and just sat on the couch. Messing with my bangs. I looked at me feet and something touched my hand. I looked over and saw Hunter's hand on mine. I laughed and faced Hunter.

"Hey, if you feel that way, just tell me. Maybe I'll do the same." Hunter looked at me and then our hands. He smiled and blushed. "I mean, you don't have to tell me now. You can whenever you want! We could be 30, and you could still tell me then."

Hunter pushed my bangs away from my face and touched my cheek. I let go and realized that he was flirting with me. Wait. Was he? "Hunter, never mind. Just forget it." I grabbed the remote and turned the channel to the news. A minute later, Hunter fell on the floor.

"Hunter? Oh, thank goodness you're okay. I was worried." I helped Hunter sit on the couch and smiled. "Do you remember what happened?"I asked. Hunter nodded his head and told me everything that he could remember. "Okay, good. I just called my mom, and she said that she'll drop us off at the hospital. Is that fine with you?" I asked as swiftly as I could. "Sure. That would be nice."

Five minutes later, we arrived at the hospital. "Ready to see your mom, Hunter?" Hunter held my hand, as if he were scared and nodded. "I don't know. That's my mom. I'm too scared." I walked in with Hunter and let go of his hand as I walked to the counter. "Don't worry. Hopefully she'll be fine. And don't worry. I'll be by your side the whole time. Promise.