Chapter 3: You'll Be Okay. Promise

Hunter's POV:

Ashlynn held my hand as we walked in front of my mom's room. "Here we are. Hunter, are you sure about this. You don't have to be brave if you don't want to. I'm not even being brave right now."

Ash was really nice. She's a very helpful friend to me. I still couldn't believe it. I knocked on the door and a nurse came out to talk to us. "Sorry, but until she's better, there will be no visiting." I cried and ran down the halls and out the door to the park. I sat on a swing and looked on my phone. It was a message from dad.

Dad: Hey, sport. Sorry, but I can't come home tonight. My business trip will be running ahead of schedule. Is that fine with you? There's frozen pizza in the fridge if your hungry.

                                                        Hunter: Whatever. See u soon.

Dad: U too, son.

I couldn't believe the day I was having. First getting bullied, then my mom is in the hospital, now my dad isn't comig home until the weekend. What's next. "Hey, are you okay?" I looked behind me and kicked some dirt.

"It's just that... my dad isn't coming home until the weekend... pretty much, I'll be alone." I pushed Hunter's swing and held his hand. "Don't worry. I'll come over and visit everyday. How about that?" I got up from the swing and walked away from Ashlynn. "Sure." I said sadly.

We got to my house and I went throught the cabinets. "Mmm, popcorn." Ashlynn said up behind me. I took out the popcorn and put it in the microwave, while Ashlynn went into the living room to finish her song, then came back. "Hey, are you almost- ah!" Ashlynn almost fell and hit the floor when fire burst out of her and she floated back up. "Ashlynn, what was that!" I think I made Ashlynn mad, because she went in the living room and worked on her song. Crying.

"The night sky, turns to daylight. Sundown, makes it a wonderful life. But you by my side, baby, just makes me shine brighter than the sun. Oh, brighter than the sun." Ash stopped singing, when I came in the living room with popcorn and butter. "So are you a super star?" I asked. Ashlynn closed her notebook and took her bowl. "No, I'm not. I just like expressing my feelings as a song." I sat next to Ashlynn and left the tv off. I've already seen to much on tv.

"Um... so." I said nervously. Ashlynn plopped a popcorn in her mouth and smiled. Trying to cheer herself up. "Hehe. Hunter... I'm just being silly. C'mon, try it with me!" I put down my popcorn and stayed quiet. I looked at my phone and threw it across the couch. "Hunter. You'll be okay. I'm here for you." I took Ashlynn's hand and looked her in the eye. We were about to kiss when Ashlynn stopped. "Uh... can we do this another time? I don't really feel like it."

I sighed and got up. I walked up the stairs and into my room then plopped on my bed. Ashlynn was still downstairs. I looked at my clock and it was a quarter to nine. I tried to fall asleep thinking about Ashlynn. She's cute and nice. I tried to kiss her. But it didn't work. She's acting like she likes me, then doesn't like me. If she likes me, why isn't she telling me?

Ashlynn's POV:

I walked into the park, trying to find Hunter, after he ran off. I looked around and saw him on a swing. I walked behind him and held his hand. "Sorry. This probably isn't the day you wanted, huh?" I said trying to cheer him up. "Ashlynn, there's nothing you can do to help. I'm happy that you care, but right now... I just don't want to be bothered."

I walked in front of Hunter and helped him up. "Hunter, I believe in you. Why don't we just go home and watch a movie?" Hunter got up and started walking home with me. Once we got to Hunter's house, I walked into the kitchen and helped Hunter decide what to eat while watching the movie. Popcorn is so old, so I chose chocolate bars and some yogart pretzels. Hunter chose popcorn of course.

"Why don't we do this, my mom taught me how." I took the popcorn, pretzels, and chocolate then broke them into little peices. I put the chocolate and pretzels in the popcorn bag, then poured some into two bowls. "And lastly, whip cream. My favorite." I took the whip cream and put some around the food, but in circles. "Tada!"

Hunter smiled and tried it. He hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. "Ashlynn, this is amazing! I love it!" I backed up from Hunter and touched my cheek. I stumbled on the chair leg and Hunter ran to catch me but didn't catch me in time. I knew there was only one way. Hunter would find out sooner or later, so why not now.

I believed in myself and let fire come out of my hands and form into wind, that pushed me up before I hit the ground. I stood up and went on my knees to help Hunter up. "Hunter are you okay?" Hunter got up and took my hand. "Ashlynn, what did you just do?" I cried a little and let go of Hunter's hand, then ran to the living room. I layed on the couch crying silently. "Ash, I didn't mean to hurt you. I just saw fire come out of you and just wanted to know what you did! Is that to much to ask for!"

I stood up and took the popcorn from Hunter's hand. I put one in my mouth and ate it. Hunter sat on the couch and touched my hand. "Hunter. I really don't wanna talk about it right now. I'm not in the mood." I sat the other way and layed my head on his shoulder. She looked up at me and turned around. "C'mon, Hunter. You need to stop being a wurry flury. You'll be able to see your mom and dad soon. I promise."

Hunter leaned in and almost kissed me, when I stopped. "Um.... I should go. My mom could sure use some of my help." I got up and started walking towards the door when I stopped. "By the way, see you tomorrow. And if you need to talk privately with me, I'd be gald to." Hunter went upstairs and closed the door. I know because he slammed it. I sighed and walked out the door, waving to Hunter. He waved back from his window and I ran to my house. Did Hunter like me? Or.... did I like him?